*** Official Oklahoma Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Just reading through this, but does anyone else feel like Oklahoma is less than the sum of its parts? They have a lot of great individual talent starting with Young, but they've developed throughout the season in way that is too dependent upon him and it makes the team inconsistent and one dimensional.

Definitely, I would compare it to Seneca's Sr. season. It seemed like the rest of the team just stood around waiting for Seneca to do something amazing. Resulted in the team greatly underperforming.

• Dislike
Reactions: cyclones360

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Yup, it's been a long time since we've seen a legit post man being developed so quickly.

Solo's development has been very impressive as well. He is a force on defense and has really improved his post moves. He is just a sophomore. Most of the legendary post players we've had in the past like Homan weren't very good as underclassman.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Solo's development has been very impressive as well. He is a force on defense and has really improved his post moves. He is just a sophomore. Most of the legendary post players we've had in the past like Homan weren't very good as underclassman.
Agree. I think he could be very similar to Homan in production as an upperclassman.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Sorry if this has already been posted, but did anyone notice the little kid doing an accidental flip over the seats behind Wiggs at the end of his post game on-court interview? After knowing he was alright I lmao.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
We caught a break on that 10 second call. No way they had it in the backcourt that long. Shot clock didn't reset.
I just re-watched the game, and you are correct. I'm not sure how they screwed that up, but just counting, they were only at 5 seconds.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I just re-watched the game, and you are correct. I'm not sure how they screwed that up, but just counting, they were only at 5 seconds.

Yeah, I watched the game again last night and kept an eye on the shot clock. When we turned it over to them the shot clock was at 27 and it didn't reset, but when the official looked up at it before OU got across the timeline and saw the shot clock at 20 seconds he made the 10 second call.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Yeah, I watched the game again last night and kept an eye on the shot clock. When we turned it over to them the shot clock was at 27 and it didn't reset, but when the official looked up at it before OU got across the timeline and saw the shot clock at 20 seconds he made the 10 second call.

They owed us

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Great game! Lard is just ridiculously talented. he may not be around 4 years.
Long had some good minutes against OU which is encouraging. The guards were really good against Young.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Great game! Lard is just ridiculously talented. he may not be around 4 years.
Long had some good minutes against OU which is encouraging. The guards were really good against Young.

If we get Cam for three years I'll be thrilled. He's already a monster, just imagine what he could do with the extra experience and growth.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I thought so too, but the Maneck (sp?) kid wouldn't have been my choice.

The reason I asked is because Kruger told Manek to in the game and Prohm was yelling trying to get the officials attention but the official just ignored him (you could tell to that Prohn didn't want to go out of the coaches box and get a T).

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Just a question, but when Trae Young got hurt and couldn't shoot the free throw, wasn't Coach Prohm supposed to choose the free throw shooter?

Prohm said in post game that because it was blood not injury, Oklahoma got to pick. It makes some since because one could fake injury but not blood.

• Informative
Reactions: isufbcurt

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron