FRED HOIBERG TO OHIO ST?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And now CBS is reporting he's an emerging candidate while the Sun Times reports multiple sources say there's been zero contact...

• Creative
Reactions: aauummm

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
It's crazy to think that if Fred had stayed we would have likely landed Diallo and had a starting lineup this past season of Morris, Naz, Thomas, Burton, Diallo. That would have been a top five team that could've won this past championship.

I wish Fred the best and don't dislike him for chasing after his dream, but he had the perfect job here and a chance to become the biggest legend in school history.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I could totally see it happening. I've heard rumors Fred hates all the BS that comes with the NBA and just wants to get back in the college game where he can focus on recruiting

I thought he hating recruiting and that's why he wanted to go NBA?

My thoughts - I think Carol and the kids were ready for Fred to move on. They probably couldn't have a family night out without being interrupted multiple times and that would get old fast. Many Ohio fans would not be as much of a problem since he isn't the Mayor of Columbus.

Last edited:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't really care what he does but I wonder if people will still cling to his sack if he took that job or if they'd drop the narrative that Fred really loved ISU this big and he'd only leave for a dream job in the NBA? Serious interest, coupled with the Minnesota interest should at least get people to think maybe he wasn't all that into something about ISU whether it was being the center of attention or Ames or whatever else. It's okay to love what he did here and also realize that he was using us to get a better gig, which I'm sure at the time was likely an NBA job but he would have left for a blue blood program. No doubt in my mind.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't really care what he does but I wonder if people will still cling to his sack if he took that job or if they'd drop the narrative that Fred really loved ISU this big and he'd only leave for a dream job in the NBA? Serious interest, coupled with the Minnesota interest should at least get people to think maybe he wasn't all that into something about ISU whether it was being the center of attention or Ames or whatever else. It's okay to love what he did here and also realize that he was using us to get a better gig, which I'm sure at the time was likely an NBA job but he would have left for a blue blood program. No doubt in my mind.

He's always looking for the next, best thing, it looks like, but Fred always has those eyes.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

I'd love you hear what Fred really thought about coaching Iowa State. I don't doubt that the Bulls was his dream job but he basically stopped recruiting here (because he knew he was getting that job) and as you said, legititamtely flirting with the Minnesota job, and the rumors that he wasn't 100% happy here. Those don't add up to "ISU dream job".

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
I hope that Fred goes there. I wanna see a good old fashion CF melt-down.
Here you go: I would try to get him back if Hoiberg is leaving the NBA for any reason and wants to continue coaching in college. Prohm has yet to show anything substantial in coaching development in each season at Murray St and Iowa State. He seems soft and unsure of himself. He admitted as much in his interview after the season ending loss

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Here you go: I would try to get him back if Hoiberg is leaving the NBA for any reason and wants to continue coaching in college. Prohm has yet to show anything substantial in coaching development in each season at Murray St and Iowa State. He seems soft and unsure of himself. He admitted as much in his interview after the season ending loss
Amazingly, this is one of the dumbest posts in the history of this site.