FRED HOIBERG TO OHIO ST?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I have no idea if Fred had any interest (probably not), but I think it would be naive to think that he won't chase another $15m+ contract after the Bulls train wreck ends.

He's relatively young, he loves basketball and people don't often turn down that kind of money to do something they love, in their 40's.

Whether it's the NBA or a major college job, I do think Fred will coach beyond the Bulls.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
It is also does not automatically follow that if he ends up back in college coaching someday that his dream wasn't to be an NBA coach. Only small minds would think that. Sometimes your dream isn't all it is cracked up to be and you realize you either don't like it or failed and then do something else.

I could definitely see a scenario down the line where it doesn't work in the NBA and he isn't hired by anyone and still wants to coach and then goes to coach a good college program. This is also something agents do all the time. Even if he wasn't interested, his agent could have put his name out there. Or as someone else said, could have been people leaking that a former ISU coach was in the mix and they assumed it was Hoiberg bc why wouldn't they? He would have been stupid to actually be interested in the OSU job. He could get a blue blood job in college if it opened up and he wanted to coach college. Especially stupid when he is still coaching and is owed a **** ton of money from the Bulls.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
But he thought he was right enough to write a column on it. He guessed it was a possibility and he knows a lot more than I do.

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Hoiberg talking to Gene Smith at 31 Flavors last night. I guess the interest is pretty serious.

• Funny
  • Dislike
Reactions: Joel1 and mj4cy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Fair enough. But I'll trust journalists who say that there was at least some mutual interest. And CW who thought it was possible.

Did CW say that Hoiberg was considering the job? Or that a former ISU coach was considering the job? I didn't see his tweet.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Twins vs JSB thread!

tSoR2TS.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Joel1 and CyTwins

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
How is he disloyal?

Prohm didn't grow up an ISU fan or player, so I guess he's disloyal to wherever his roots are? Get over yourself.

Lol people disagreed with me for saying Prohm didn't grow up an ISU fan or player.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Hoiberg talking to Gene Smith at 31 Flavors last night. I guess the interest is pretty serious.
I'm skeptical. Which Columbus Baskin Robbins was it? The one on High Street or the one on Dublin Granville Road?

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
I just jumped back in here and thought Twins was just randomly talking to himself in here. Than I realized I could turn on blocked content and it was a whole new world. I'll just go back to thinking that twins is talking to himself.
Same here. It's funny trying to figure what's going on when I can only see one side of the convo. And that's just fine with me. No way I'm ever unblocking that trainwreck.