ESPN Laying Off Additional On-Air Personalities

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
MLB analysts Dallas Braden, Raul Ibanez, and Doug Glanville are gone too.

I got laid off last month and it's definitely not a good feeling. Most of these guys will land something else fairly soon I'd imagine.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
meh he was an east coast homer anyways

Wasn't Katz a Wisconsin grad? Number one loss on the list IMO.
Sad to see some of the baseball analysts go too.

Any chance Ed Cunningham will never be heard from again?

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I hate to see anyone lose there job, if they don't deserve to. However I don't see how some of those on the air people got hired in the first place or kept their jobs as long as they did.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think a point most aren't making is what Fox Sports does with this. I'm sure that's where some of these guys will head to. It would be awesome if Fox would pass ESPN in the near future but it will probably take awhile until then.

I would think most of the folks can get some sort of gig with some sort of sports/news network, and FSN will probably pick up a few like they have with others.

If Michael Irvin and Bill Romanowski have jobs (he calls in occasionally to shows IIRC), it's absolutely possible for...pretty much anyone else.

• Funny
Reactions: DurangoCy

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
Sounds like ESPN is going to start airing some MLB Network content. Only thing I've read mentions airing Intentional Talk hosted by Chris Rose and Kevin Millar.

I would love to see Katz end up at CBS.

Reactions: Knownothing

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I hope the CBB analysts that were let go all get picked up by the same place. I will gladly follow that list if it means steering clear of ESPN.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
meh he was an east coast homer anyways
Is that the lady who was a complete dbag to the impound lot lady?
[/QUOTE]

Meh? DBag? These are PEOPLE. With FAMILIES to support. Wow. I think some folks here need to step back and think about Mike Golic Jr.'s future. I pray that Mike Jr. keeps his job. Think of the children.

Any word on Danny Kanell's status? Hopefully his kids won't go to bed hungry tonight.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I would love to see Katz at CBS. It's one thing to fire a bunch of guys that don't add. Katz is the one person I go to for college basketball that does not seem to be a real homer for a conference or a team.