Survey to rank the 2016 uniform combinations

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Anything with white helmet and white pants was great. Also liked the all grey but wasn't a fan of the grey mixed with a color. .

Reactions: Gordyo5

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
1. r/w/r (TCU)
2. w/r/w (TT)
I'm going to alternate Home and Away, although I think Away uni's generally look better w/ the current set up.
3. r/w/y (TX)
4. r/r/y (WV)
5. w/w/w (EIU)
6. r/g/r (KS)
7. w/w/g (OSU)
8. r/r/r (OU)
9. r/w/w (KU)
10. r/g/g (SJS)
11. r/r/y (UNI)
12. r/r/g (BU)
Actually I liked all of them, the changes were good, and will get better once they get the uniform set they want.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Th
HAVE to add a gold helmet and possibly a gray one too next year. I'd like to see the gray be a bit lighter too, but not a whole lot.

I would also love to see some white accents added too.
The color of gray they chose is perfect IMO. Any lighter would not be as good, but hey...

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
The all grey was cool, the other grey combos kind of sucked. The all white was cool, the other combos with white pants/white helmet kind of sucked. That pretty much sums up my thoughts.

edit: I highly approve of the mixing and matching though because the players and recruits love it.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The more I visualize w/y/w, the more I like it. I would really like to see it at Home sometime, not nec. this mock-up, but whatever they come up with.
View attachment 45377

The word on here was that was the combination for the Texas Tech game at one point. Something happened to change it to w.c.w, however, with Campbell.

Small tidbit on the results -- that combination is doing well. I do not know if that is aesthetic or just good vibrations from that mammoth win. Winning cures all.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I do think that they need yellow helmets and grey helmets. Maybe add some white to jerseys just to tie things together. They also need to have some options for decals. Every helmet needs the striping that the white helmets have. But more than that, they need to mix in the stencil I-State, the walking Cy and maybe the 80s tornado.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think certain logos just look better/worse on certain background colors. Our current "I-STATE" Pollard era look just looks better on a white or black background.

Go here and compare the options with black, red, and white in the background if you do not believe me. It washes out into a red/yellow mess on a red background.

Hence why our current cardinal helmets are "okay" and we all love the white look. The white one also has those gorgeous cardinal/gold stripes going across it, too. I do not know how well our current logo, with a gold outline, would work on a gold helmet, though.

I think our best logo/helmet ever was this one...

770b9d03255a31fa50a81408599dfc51.jpg

I wish we had gone back to either that block I with the ISU contained within it or some sort of stylized tornado (think the CF logo) that hides ISU in it in a clever way.

That yellow helmet looks good, however, because that logo works good on a yellow background with the red I and white outline. I am not sure that would be the case with the current logo. It just has way too much yellow in it to contrast.

Reactions: weR138

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I think certain logos just look better/worse on certain background colors. Our current "I-STATE" Pollard era look just looks better on a white or black background.

Go here and compare the options with black, red, and white in the background if you do not believe me. It washes out into a red/yellow mess on a red background.

Hence why our current cardinal helmets are "okay" and we all love the white look. The white one also has those gorgeous cardinal/gold stripes going across it, too. I do not know how well our current logo, with a gold outline, would work on a gold helmet, though.

I think our best logo/helmet ever was this one...

770b9d03255a31fa50a81408599dfc51.jpg

I wish we had gone back to either that block I with the ISU contained within it or some sort of stylized tornado (think the CF logo) that hides ISU in it in a clever way.

That yellow helmet looks good, however, because that logo works good on a yellow background with the red I and white outline. I am not sure that would be the case with the current logo. It just has way too much yellow in it to contrast.

I think the current logo would look better on yellow than on red. But you're right, the Earle Bruce block I is outstanding...we could go back to it with the new font...

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
W/W/G against OSU was one of the best all season imo. I'm surprised to see some people rank it near the bottom

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think the current logo would look better on yellow than on red. But you're right, the Earle Bruce block I is outstanding...we could go back to it with the new font...

I would love something like this as a base...

9DZOH8r.png

...and, from there, to content the rest of you, add/mix white, cardinal, gold, and gray elements on everything else to your hearts' content on the issue.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I would love something like this as a base...

9DZOH8r.png

...and, from there, to content the rest of you, add/mix white, cardinal, gold, and gray elements on everything else to your hearts' content on the issue.
THIS is what the Iowa State Cyclones are meant to look like.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: SC Cy and CyBobby

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Done. But I wish we could get yellow helmets. Earle Bruce style yellow / white / yellow would instantly be our best uni. If no yellow helmets we should ditch the yellow pants, I hate the USC wannabes...

well now the last time I agreed with you was...Never, but...U do have a point with yellow pants resembling so cal...I always like the red jerseys and white pants for home uniforms...

just 4 the record I do not like the same color jerseys and pants.....thee all red look of helmet jersey and pants has 2 GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo