Survey to rank the 2016 uniform combinations

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
White on gray at OSU were the best of the gray unis. It's amazing how much better everything looks wit the red facemask. Loved the all red against OU. But our TCU classic combo is clearly the best and has been since we changed unis.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I would love something like this as a base...

9DZOH8r.png

Make the I-State logo work on the gold helmet, and that's a good base home uniform. I'd lean toward cardinal-white-cardinal for primary road package, but this road-uni is fine, too. And as you say, we can incorporate all the other stuff (grays, white pants, white helmet, etc.).

The good thing about the Bruce-era throwback look, it has more elements of white, so the white helmet/pants merge into it better than our current primary.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The away combo against Oklahoma St was the best.

I think certain logos just look better/worse on certain background colors. Our current "I-STATE" Pollard era look just looks better on a white or black background...

Hence why our current cardinal helmets are "okay" and we all love the white look. The white one also has those gorgeous cardinal/gold stripes going across it, too.

White on gray at OSU were the best of the gray unis.
I also feel that the white helmet looks great because of the new tapered stripe, also with the true gold in the stripe (just in the helmet stripe, not proposing a change in our base yellow, not happening anyway). While the I-State logo also looks great on white, it will be OK on red and yellow (not as good, but OK). If we get the tapered stripe on red, yellow or gray helmets, that will make a big difference. We can talk about stencils and other helmet logos later, but when you think about all the color combos just this year, and who knows for the future, that's a lot of change. One thing at a time. Cy Uniforms 2017  s34a - w w g.jpg

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Aside from the main unveiling of the storm unis (SJSU I believe) I really didn't care for the other combos. Road v.s. OSU if I had to pick another.

Voted the color rush unis worn on TNF v.s. OU at #1. Better to go all cardinal than all gold as Rhoads attempted to do.

Maybe I missed it, but what was the story behind the pride stickers we saw this year?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Aside from the main unveiling of the storm unis (SJSU I believe) I really didn't care for the other combos. Road v.s. OSU if I had to pick another.

Voted the color rush unis worn on TNF v.s. OU at #1. Better to go all cardinal than all gold as Rhoads attempted to do.

Maybe I missed it, but what was the story behind the pride stickers we saw this year?

Believe they were awarded based on film review, both individually and as position units.

• Useful
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The word on here was that was the combination for the Texas Tech game at one point. Something happened to change it to w.c.w, however, with Campbell.

Small tidbit on the results -- that combination is doing well. I do not know if that is aesthetic or just good vibrations from that mammoth win. Winning cures all.

TTU and OSU for me.

Add some white accents to the jerseys and the TTU look might be the best in school history.

I would love something like this as a base...

9DZOH8r.png

...and, from there, to content the rest of you, add/mix white, cardinal, gold, and gray elements on everything else to your hearts' content on the issue.

Make the I-State logo work on the gold helmet, and that's a good base home uniform. I'd lean toward cardinal-white-cardinal for primary road package, but this road-uni is fine, too. And as you say, we can incorporate all the other stuff (grays, white pants, white helmet, etc.).

The good thing about the Bruce-era throwback look, it has more elements of white, so the white helmet/pants merge into it better than our current primary.
Here could be the future w/r/w look we had w/ TT, using this design (I did add gold trim, not yellow, around the lettering, to match the current gold helmet stripe, subtle but I like it).
Cy Uniforms 2017  s19a - w r w.jpg

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I really hope they go away from the traditional looks. Tired of seeing Ronald McDonald everytime we enter the field.

Reactions: GT25Ump

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Should there really be 2 options for the r/r/y? I realize they wore it twice but in a ranking setup like this how do you decide which is better than the other?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
White on gray at OSU were the best of the gray unis. It's amazing how much better everything looks wit the red facemask. Loved the all red against OU. But our TCU classic combo is clearly the best and has been since we changed unis.
Most people like the classic r/w/r look as in TCU. Here's what it could look like, using the current sh stripes, adding some trim, and helmet stripe (used the same gold for the helmet stripe, as in the white helmet, and gold lettering trim).
Cy Uniforms 2017  s30a - r w r.jpg

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Should there really be 2 options for the r/r/y? I realize they wore it twice but in a ranking setup like this how do you decide which is better than the other?
They were the same, other than one had the gray facemask, one had the red/cardinal facemask.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

The WVU edition had the new red facemask, the other one was the traditional (i.e. since 2008) gray facemask.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron