On to Football Season

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The Chandler kid was really nice for ISU. Light years better than the rest of their class. Congrats to CMC. Big get for that program.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
fact is, the numbers don't lie. iowa and isu are basically a wash on the recruiting trail in bbaall.

While I don't disagree looking at a snapshot, you're basically comparing last year's class since this year's is far from complete. I don't know that you can draw any conclusions on Prohm's recruiting by looking at a class where he just got the job in June. We all know what Fran can do on the trail.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Not bad. He'd be the #9 guy on Iowa's recruit list. But not bad. Much more impressed with Chandler. Hope you guys can hang on to him.

9/10? Lol. I look at that class and see two big time recruits. And one is a legacy...same as ISU getting Lazard. The rest are on par with what ISU has committed. Morgan has a better offer list than most of that class. To each his own though. Everyone has the right to believe their diamonds in the rough are underrated. ISU fans do the same.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
9/10? Lol. I look at that class and see two big time recruits. And one is a legacy...same as ISU getting Lazard. The rest are on par with what ISU has committed. Morgan has a better offer list than most of that class. To each his own though. Everyone has the right to believe their diamonds in the rough are underrated. ISU fans do the same.

I think he is looking at the composite rankings and if you do that he would be 8th or 9th in Iowa's class.

But no doubt that ISU has done much better on the recruiting trail so far. The key will always be winning though and what those kids do once they get to campus.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
The fact that ISU's first year coaching staff is as close to Iowa's 19th year coach says a lot about both. Big time recruits that aren't legacies know they aren't going to play big time football in the watered down big 10.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
The fact that ISU's first year coaching staff is as close to Iowa's 19th year coach says a lot about both. Big time recruits that aren't legacies know they aren't going to play big time football in the watered down big 10.
Not to mention one just got 9th in the big 12 and the other went to a Rose Bowl..

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The Chandler kid was really nice for ISU. Light years better than the rest of their class. Congrats to CMC. Big get for that program.

I want to make like a clever "hearing the footsteps" post but we regularly beat you now even with crappy coaching and bad recruiting by Big 12 standards, so I'm just going to tap you on the shoulder and say "hey".

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron