ISU Apparel deal?

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
I dont, however, at all of my nieces/nephews games, everything is UA. All the clothes they wear to school is UA. Go watch a jr high fb game....it's all UA. THe only sport I dont see alot of UA is in bball.

UA is certainly popular, but I'm going to need more than "my niece and nephew wear it" and "it's the only thing I see at their games". My niece and nephew wear plenty of Nike and so do kids on their teams, but I wouldn't say it's more popular because of that.

I'm in youth sports/teams sales and kids still ask for Nike quite a bit. It'll never be viewed as an old person's brand. Heck, Jordan shoes are as popular as ever and nobody under the age of 18 saw him play.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
I'd talk McIlroy and Lebron over Spieth and Curry in a heartbeat as long term investments. Spieth has little appeal to someone who cares what they look like. When you are still wearing the white belt, you aren't moving the needle.

Anyway, when you think uniforms and apparel in college sports who do you think of? It's Oregon. That's Nike. It won't be considered old man apparel.

Nike will never be old man apparel but UA is gaining ground. LeBron is towards the end of his career and steph is just getting started. UA has only been making basketball shoes for 5-8 years or so. They are growing fast.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
Nike will never be old man apparel but UA is gaining ground. LeBron is towards the end of his career and steph is just getting started. UA has only been making basketball shoes for 5-8 years or so. They are growing fast.

LeBron and Steph are only three years apart in age.

Hoiball92

Apr 23, 2015
Des Moines
Under Armour is the up-and-coming hot brand, Nike is the old brand. Adidas might as well be grandpa apparel.

If UA pays even the same as Nike offers, let alone more, ISU should make the switch notwithstanding the UNI shoe comment above, which hopefully has since been fixed with the UA shoes
No. Nike is definitely not an old brand. Most kids these days wear nike ****, especially their shoes.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Jesus, this sounds like middle school. Nike is a superior brand, but UA and Adidas make perfectly fine products and provided ISU gets a sweeter deal, I would have no issues switching.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Why is it that college coaches renege e very season on $$
mil contracts, and somehow ISU can not weasel out of an apparel agreement made 8 years ago on the back of a napkin?

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Honestly Russell isn't that bad at all for jerseys. I had Russell in high school and loved them. They were really good material. No idea what their shoes are. Or if they even have any. Geogia tech is all Russell.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
as an older person relatively speaking, Im all for nike. However, my nieces and nephews ages 8-17 only wear Under Armor, might not be a bad avenue to look down come that time. Nike imo eventually will be considered old man clothing. Who would of thought that UA would have the best golfer and the best bball player signed a few years ago?

My 9 yo kid doesn't have a job. I'll never spend any of my cash on UA, even for him.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I obviously didn't know that UA sponsored Tom Brady, so I changed my mind. His endorsement was the reason I started wearing man-Uggs. He was also the reason I started banging Gisele.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Honestly Russell isn't that bad at all for jerseys. I had Russell in high school and loved them. They were really good material. No idea what their shoes are. Or if they even have any. Geogia tech is all Russell.

Russell has always made some of the best quality stuff. That part always appealed to my dad but since when to teenagers care about quality.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009

Russell does make quality uniforms and apparel.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Russell has always made some of the best quality stuff. That part always appealed to my dad but since when to teenagers care about quality.

Russel made quality products but they were never sleek and cutting edge the way Nike, UA, and Adidas are. I loved our Russel jersey's. Then we switched to some other brand that were basically a knock off of the Tennessee Titans my senior year.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I would be open to ISU wearing Starter gear. I can just picture all of our coaches on the sideline wearing these:
$_1.JPG

And if any coaches don't want the pouch, they can have this one:
il_570xN.938305976_9v51.jpg

Reactions: SenorCy

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I would be open to ISU wearing Starter gear. I can just picture all of our coaches on the sideline wearing these:
$_1.JPG

And if any coaches don't want the pouch, they can have this one:
il_570xN.938305976_9v51.jpg
But the pouch offers so much utility. I wouldn't want to hire a coach that doesn't want a Start jacket with a pouch.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
No. Nike is definitely not an old brand. Most kids these days wear nike ****, especially their shoes.
Correct, Nike is not an old brand. I love UA but they aren't pushing Nike out and they also aren't going away themselves.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Under Armour is the up-and-coming hot brand, Nike is the old brand. Adidas might as well be grandpa apparel.

If UA pays even the same as Nike offers, let alone more, ISU should make the switch notwithstanding the UNI shoe comment above, which hopefully has since been fixed with the UA shoes

2004 called and wants your comment back. UA reached its creative peak in the early 2000s

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
And how on earth are half of these schools ahead of us? We have a much bigger fanbase / brand than a quarter to half of these schools.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron