ISU Apparel deal?

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
The fact that Nike was willing to give ISU free gear in 2008 is rather impressive.

Still is honestly. We really haven't done much to help make the Nike brand visible.

Campbell seems like he is willing to change that trend and embrace the current Uniform "arms race."

That's why they just had the equipment sale...had to clean all that Nike stuff out of the closet.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
as an older person relatively speaking, Im all for nike. However, my nieces and nephews ages 8-17 only wear Under Armor, might not be a bad avenue to look down come that time. Nike imo eventually will be considered old man clothing. Who would of thought that UA would have the best golfer and the best bball player signed a few years ago?

clonetone

Feb 16, 2016
Under Armour is the up-and-coming hot brand, Nike is the old brand. Adidas might as well be grandpa apparel.

If UA pays even the same as Nike offers, let alone more, ISU should make the switch notwithstanding the UNI shoe comment above, which hopefully has since been fixed with the UA shoes

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
I would love to switch to UA. They are starting to pour money into different teams and players. I have a feeling they will offer much more. That current contract is terrible. We have almost ever football and basketball game in national tv or regional at a minimum. If it ended today basketball alone should get us quite a bit more.

Also people that are anti UA need to pay attention to the change that is happening right now. There is a shift starting to happen. In younger kids UA is the most popular. UA is determined to get into these places and I would love ISU to get in early

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I would love to switch to UA. They are starting to pour money into different teams and players. I have a feeling they will offer much more. That current contract is terrible. We have almost ever football and basketball game in national tv or regional at a minimum. If it ended today basketball alone should get us quite a bit more.

Also people that are anti UA need to pay attention to the change that is happening right now. There is a shift starting to happen. In younger kids UA is the most popular. UA is determined to get into these places and I would love ISU to get in early

I'll gladly buy UA over Nike's sweat shop garbage any day.(Cue post about UA's sweatshops in Malaysia) People just don't like their designs to this point. Well people that don't really matter anyways, cause most kids these days love those 'ugly' patterns and colors all the oldies moan about on here.

• Creative
Reactions: Judoka

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009

Do you have any data to back this up?

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I wouldn't mind seeing us play in any of those ugly UA uniforms of the past for another 1.5 mil a year.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The fact that Nike was willing to give ISU free gear in 2008 is rather impressive.

Still is honestly. We really haven't done much to help make the Nike brand visible.

Campbell seems like he is willing to change that trend and embrace the current Uniform "arms race."

How many dollars of Nike ISU apparel is sold every year? I would guess a lot.

IMO, Nike has the highest quality portfolio. Adidas is crap all around and UA has awful footwear.

The design stuff isn't any companies fault. Schools sign off on that **** and if you look at Auburn, for instance, they haven't changed a lot.

Having said all that, if UA or even Adidas is going to majorly up your contract, you do it. My hope would be to stick with Nike but it's not a huge deal. The company I work for does a lot with UA and I've been really impressed with their shirst and how well they hold up.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
as an older person relatively speaking, Im all for nike. However, my nieces and nephews ages 8-17 only wear Under Armor, might not be a bad avenue to look down come that time. Nike imo eventually will be considered old man clothing. Who would of thought that UA would have the best golfer and the best bball player signed a few years ago?

I'd talk McIlroy and Lebron over Spieth and Curry in a heartbeat as long term investments. Spieth has little appeal to someone who cares what they look like. When you are still wearing the white belt, you aren't moving the needle.

Anyway, when you think uniforms and apparel in college sports who do you think of? It's Oregon. That's Nike. It won't be considered old man apparel.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Do you have any data to back this up?

67.8% prefer UA to Nike...no I don't but I Have 3 siblings and 2 nephews in middle school and elementary and they don't want to even entertain Nike. Is that everyone, no, but you also have the best player in the NBA wearing UA as well. It is probably guaranteed that we would get 1-2 alternates if we went UA as well

Reactions: cyhawkdmb

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I just bought some UA cleats. It's up and coming and getting more popular. Definitely wouldn't be against it if we don't stick with Nike.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron