Vasectomy

kmcbrid

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
www.municipalgame.com
Had it done. Mine did not go well (I fully realize I am in the minority on this). It was a terrible week for me.

Not really much advice anyone can give, it either goes well or it doesn't. Good luck!

Ditto here. I acutally have a couple of friends that won't get one now, after hearing what I went through. But, I am the exception, not the norm. I have several friends that had no issue at all, I was just the unlucky 1 in 10,000.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Mine was very uneventful. I would highly recommend the jock for the 1st 3 days. I got tired of it after day 2 and went back to boxer briefs. I lasted about an hour and went and put the jock back on. I was fine after that.

Only thing significantly interesting I can add to this was my wife, on the day I tested "negative", sent the kids to our friends house and we celebrated when I got home. I highly recommend it.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Go to a Urologist, go for no-scalpel, sit on some peas, take the pain meds, wear the jock strap it makes it so much better, take it easy for a couple days even if you think you're a-ok.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Go to a Urologist, go for no-scalpel, sit on some peas, take the pain meds, wear the jock strap it makes it so much better, take it easy for a couple days even if you think you're a-ok.
As stated previously, take it easy for a couple of days and rotate your bags of frozen veggies. The worst part for me was how nervous I got shaving the boys.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

Ehh, I had to get rid of the jock after a day..couldn't handle the constriction, but I did go to briefs rather than boxers.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Ehh, I had to get rid of the jock after a day..couldn't handle the constriction, but I did go to briefs rather than boxers.
Probably just on account of your massive dong. I liked having everything tucked up all neat and tidy.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I've typed this before but it's no big deal. Follow their advice and do nothing for 3 days and you won't have any pain whatsoever. I sat on the couch with movies and a rotation of frozen veggies and had zero issues. The only people I know that have had issues didn't listen to the whole "do nothing for 3 days". They say it for a reason.

It's been well worth it. Surgery is quick and I drove myself home. Follow the advice of still using protection until you pass the no swimmers test. I know someone that didn't and got another kid out of it. We knew we were done having kids and I didn't want my wife having to take her "daily vitamin" anymore especially in her 30's. Getting snipped was the least I could do after she had 3 C-sections. She's happy, I'm happy, we're all happy.

Describe.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Had it done a couple weeks ago. Pain is overblown. I had the prescription filled but didn't use it. Only time I had pain is when I didn't use ice. If you're a side sleeper, I'd recommend a body pillow or pillow between your legs.

As far as getting back into your "routine" I was told 4 weeks because of the risk of infection. I didn't do the scalpelless procedure though so it may be less with that.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Easiest procedure imaginable. Just take it easy...don't lift anything, take stairs, walk much...for a couple of days and you'll be fine.

Echo this... Did scalpel-less and other than trying to start lifting a few days too early it was easy. Best advice - if doc says to take it easy for 1 week, give the boys 1 week.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I've typed this before but it's no big deal. Follow their advice and do nothing for 3 days and you won't have any pain whatsoever. I sat on the couch with movies and a rotation of frozen veggies and had zero issues. The only people I know that have had issues didn't listen to the whole "do nothing for 3 days". They say it for a reason.

It's been well worth it. Surgery is quick and I drove myself home. Follow the advice of still using protection until you pass the no swimmers test. I know someone that didn't and got another kid out of it. We knew we were done having kids and I didn't want my wife having to take her "daily vitamin" anymore especially in her 30's. Getting snipped was the least I could do after she had 3 C-sections. She's happy, I'm happy, we're all happy.

So my question is did you not know that you were done having kids on the last C section? Next child we have my wife will have to have a scheduled C section and we know we are done after that child so she agreed just to have her tubes tied while they are already in there and spare me the vasectomy because there is no point in both of us getting a medical procedure done if they already have to have her go under the knife and are right there to do it. I realize not everyone knows if they are done yet or knows they will have C section for their last child

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I'll give the argument against it. My friend's ex was on the pill with the back to back rotation without placebo; thus, no period. He got snipped, she went off the pill. Periods started back up along with the enormous mood swings that came with it. She refused to go back on the pill that helped regulate her mood changes that came with the cycle because she didn't think she had any changes. Again, she's now his ex, and for very good reason.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So did you enjoy coming to the doctor??

Probably the most uncomfortable thing about the whole experience was handing that cup to that old nurse. Luckily some places they give you the sample cup and let you fill it at home and then bring it in. Mrs. Velo didn't help by standing outside the bathroom door and asking me what I was doing in there, chuckling the whole time.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Probably the most uncomfortable thing about the whole experience was handing that cup to that old nurse. Luckily some places they give you the sample cup and let you fill it at home and then bring it in. Mrs. Velo didn't help by standing outside the bathroom door and asking me what I was doing in there, chuckling the whole time.
Either lend a hand or go away!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That is interesting. I think u may have missed the pun in my statement.