Vasectomy

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
just-do-it-hed-2013.jpg

st8cydr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Make sure your dr. signs the prescription for the pain killers. I had mine done on a Friday afternoon so that I had the weekend to take it easy. After the procedure my (now ex) wife went to get the prescription filled and the pharmacy wouldn't fill it because the dr. didn't sign it. I was the last procedure for the day so the clinic was closed by the time we found out. As the local wore off I became more and more miserable. Finally late that evening she was able to get an ER dr to sign off on a prescription, but by the time I felt like I got the worst kick to the stones I have ever had. As in sick to my stomach, dull, aching roll your eyeballs to the back of your head pain. And no, ice didn't help at that point. But I'm sure yours will go fine...:biglaugh::wideeyed:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Make sure your dr. signs the prescription for the pain killers. I had mine done on a Friday afternoon so that I had the weekend to take it easy. After the procedure my (now ex) wife went to get the prescription filled and the pharmacy wouldn't fill it because the dr. didn't sign it. I was the last procedure for the day so the clinic was closed by the time we found out. As the local wore off I became more and more miserable. Finally late that evening she was able to get an ER dr to sign off on a prescription, but by the time I felt like I got the worst kick to the stones I have ever had. As in sick to my stomach, dull, aching roll your eyeballs to the back of your head pain. And no, ice didn't help at that point. But I'm sure yours will go fine...:biglaugh::wideeyed:

F

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Easiest procedure imaginable. Just take it easy...don't lift anything, take stairs, walk much...for a couple of days and you'll be fine.

harty83

Nov 15, 2006
Sioux Falls SD
Use a bag of peas to ice. Wear a jock to keep everything snug. Don't worry too much about pain. I had a dull ache for about a day. My problem had more to do with swelling. I should have waited a couple of more days, and swelled up like an orange.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
In the same boat. Went and got a consultation a couple weeks ago. Have been ignoring the call from the Dr. Office to schedule the appointment...

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
If the doctor makes you get down on all fours and reverse mounts you, pinching your midsection between his legs, he's just a hog farmer looking to make a buck.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
How long before they were able to preform there duty?

I think a week? It's been about 2 years since mine. Totally non-eventful for me...my co-workers told stories of their horrible experiences. My advice based on their experiences vs. mine...go to a urologist, don't have your GP do it. Don't ride snowmobiles the day after.

If you're in the IC area, I can give you a name...and she's hot.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I've typed this before but it's no big deal. Follow their advice and do nothing for 3 days and you won't have any pain whatsoever. I sat on the couch with movies and a rotation of frozen veggies and had zero issues. The only people I know that have had issues didn't listen to the whole "do nothing for 3 days". They say it for a reason.

It's been well worth it. Surgery is quick and I drove myself home. Follow the advice of still using protection until you pass the no swimmers test. I know someone that didn't and got another kid out of it. We knew we were done having kids and I didn't want my wife having to take her "daily vitamin" anymore especially in her 30's. Getting snipped was the least I could do after she had 3 C-sections. She's happy, I'm happy, we're all happy.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
I've typed this before but it's no big deal. Follow their advice and do nothing for 3 days and you won't have any pain whatsoever. I sat on the couch with movies and a rotation of frozen veggies and had zero issues. The only people I know that have had issues didn't listen to the whole "do nothing for 3 days". They say it for a reason.

It's been well worth it. Surgery is quick and I drove myself home. Follow the advice of still using protection until you pass the no swimmers test. I know someone that didn't and got another kid out of it. We knew we were done having kids and I didn't want my wife having to take her "daily vitamin" anymore especially in her 30's. Getting snipped was the least I could do after she had 3 C-sections. She's happy, I'm happy, we're all happy.

Keep her away from Ben Affleck.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Make sure you know you're done. The reversal is much worse than the vasectomy.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
Had it done. Mine did not go well (I fully realize I am in the minority on this). It was a terrible week for me.

Not really much advice anyone can give, it either goes well or it doesn't. Good luck!

(clean things up a bit first...that's about it)