Tom Herman

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The Big 12 schools that could potentially have openings -- Kansas, Iowa State or West Virginia -- would be wise to keep Herman’s cell phone number handy
sorry didn't know it was insider.

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
I think it's very tough to succeed at Iowa State, but on the other hand how easy would it be to win at Ohio State.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
HE GOOD.

Seriously, Tom made some good choices. Someone has to win the lottery.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Herman was held back during his time @ Iowa State. I think we all understand that. I sincerely hope CPR won't do the same to Mangino.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Herman was held back during his time @ Iowa State. I think we all understand that. I sincerely hope CPR won't do the same to Mangino.

Mangino has more national cred than CPR and they both know it - so I doubt he's held back. The result of that would turn Mangino in CMM.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Maybe CPR should try to score or make first downs near the end of the first half.....couple times the other team scored when we went lame in the last two minutes of the first half...just saying that being too conservative makes it easier for our opponents.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Maybe CPR should try to score or make first downs near the end of the first half.....couple times the other team scored when we went lame in the last two minutes of the first half...just saying that being too conservative makes it easier for our opponents.
At times it really felt like we were trying to lose by less.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com

I agree about Herman. I think when Mangino was hired, it was under the idea that he would have full control of the offense. I doubt he would've taken the job otherwise. Rhoads has hopefully learned from past mistakes, and is ready to move forward.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

I think Herman was more held back by the talent available than by CPR. CPR wanted him to "run the damn ball" because our QBs struggled mightily to complete more than 50% of their passes.

I honestly think Herman would have done MUCH better the past couple years if he were still here.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I knew as soon as he took the tOSU OC job that he would cash in with a HC position a few years later. He's working under one of the best offensive head coaches in the game at a storied and successful program. That's a winning lottery ticket.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I thought it was almost to the point where we have two head coaches--Mangino is in charge of running and developing the offense, designing a game plan (though he has to synthesize that with Rhoads and Wally's plan for the defense and special teams), coaching the quarterbacks, and calling plays. Might it even be to the point where Mangino calls things like going for it on 4th down or punt/kick decisions? I don't know, but I can only imagine active control of that side of the ball has to be with MM most of the time.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I thought it was almost to the point where we have two head coaches--Mangino is in charge of running and developing the offense, designing a game plan (though he has to synthesize that with Rhoads and Wally's plan for the defense and special teams), coaching the quarterbacks, and calling plays. Might it even be to the point where Mangino calls things like going for it on 4th down or punt/kick decisions? I don't know, but I can only imagine active control of that side of the ball has to be with MM most of the time.

This thought has been made a few times around here .... I see it as a train wreck and possibly a program killing situation. And personally, I want this topic dead.

-keep

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
This thought has been made a few times around here .... I see it as a train wreck and possibly a program killing situation. And personally, I want this topic dead.

-keep
i've not seen anything to back up this assumption and doubt it's true

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
i've not seen anything to back up this assumption and doubt it's true

Never implied it was true... just that a few around here have brought that 'idea' to light.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

Not sure I agree he was held back but even if he was, you don't think Urban Meyer holds him back??
Just another example of how hard it is to win at ISU. Mangino could very well have the same difficulties.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron