Niang transformation

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Kid looks like he ready to **** some **** up!!! Now I'm more excited for basketball than football again lol

Dingus

May 23, 2013
So when was the 'before' picture taken? Curious if it was last year or freshman year.

Niang would have to have a pretty dominant season to go NBA after this year. Not only dominant, but showcase skills/attributes that he would need to have to play in the league at 6'7".

If he'll be a 1st rd pick then I'll be fine with it. Just don't be one of those 'leave early for 2nd rd or undrafted' guys.

Last edited:

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Yeah this comparison gets thrown around a lot but Diaw is a much better athlete. Deadspin had a good story about Diaw maxing out the Suns vertical leap measuring rack in flip flops when he first came over from the Hawks. I think it's going to be real hard for Niang to make it, but he's doing everything he can to give himself a chance so good for him.

http://deadspin.com/heres-a-funny-anecdote-about-a-young-absurdly-athletic-1591135909

Here's a scouting report on Diaw from the 2003 draft:

Strengths: According to telebasket.com, has outstanding athletic ability. He is reported to have excellent speed and quickness and is an aggressive offensive rebounder. The report also praises his large wingspan and quick feet. Recent scouting reports say he has improved his rebounding but still needs work on his perimeter shooting.

http://www.nba.com/draft2003/profiles/DiawRiffiodBoris.html

I meant more like the Boris Diaw of now

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
In an interview somewhere a month or two ago (can't remember who had it), Hoiberg indicated that they asked Niang to put weight on last year when they determined he was going to have to guard the other teams "5".

And now we have McKay (after Dec 20th), Edozie and the Greek kid to defend the 5. I'm sure that went into the equation.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
And now we have McKay (after Dec 20th), Edozie and the Greek kid to defend the 5. I'm sure that went into the equation.

I'm hoping that we don't have to rely on the Greek or Endozie for more than 1-2 minutes in Big 12 play. Between Nadar, McKay, Niang and Hogue, hopefully we have the 4-5 position covered up pretty well.

CurvedAir

Sep 30, 2012
Kansas City
I'm really proud of him. That type of body change is not easy. The guy is a winner pure and simple. He's obviously busted his *** the last few months.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I'm hoping that we don't have to rely on the Greek or Endozie for more than 1-2 minutes in Big 12 play. Between Nadar, McKay, Niang and Hogue, hopefully we have the 4-5 position covered up pretty well.

Hogue and Nader are not 5's. Edozie started against Uconn because Hogue isn't a 5 defender.

McKay and Niang will get most of the minutes, but either Edozie or the Greek (whoever is better) will have to get some time occasionally.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Are you really not getting it or are you just looking to argue?
Mine was a statement, not a question. I never questioned your stance on Georges at all, so who wants to argue?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I'm sure Fred agrees with you...

I'm positive Fred agrees with him. What NBA team would want a player at 6'7" that can distribute the ball like a PG, shoot 3's like a SG, play on the wing like a SF, or get down in the paint and humiliate defenders with his sick post moves like a PF? The obvious answer is that no NBA team is looking for a player at his size with his skill set. A player with that kind of versatility in their game has no shot in the NBA. :jimlad::no::eek::wideeyed::confused::jimlad:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron