Niang transformation

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Dudes gettin' down serious about basketball. Guess I should get my own lazy *** out of the den and outside on my bike.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Meh, he's just sucking in his gut. Smoke and mirrors. :jimlad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
Sweet! He is gonna have a great year - especially since he won't have to play the 5 as much during big12 play. Not to mention the example he is setting for the younger guys about the importance of what you put into your body.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
My thoughts...
1. If a star basketball player wasn't already killing it with the ladies
2. That hair is going to make him look and play taller
3. Niang's broken foot doctor was all 'we can rebuild him, we have the technology...whackachakachakachakachackchaaaa'

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Didn't he have a similar transition last summer and gained it all back? Hope this regiment sticks.

Maybe he got in a little better conditioning compared to his FR year, but I don't think anything like this.

I think he sees how close this team was last year, and what they can do the next two years, plus how his athletic measurables were the only thing holding him back from getting NBA attention.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I saw Georges and Matt in Panera the other day and he looks like a completely different person. Very thin, I'm hoping he puts on enough muscle so that he doesn't get pushed around. Will be interesting to see if he gets any quicker with his moves offensively. EXCITED!

This seems like a typical comment from someone who thinks that heavier = stronger, automatically.

Look at the picture - look at his chest and his core. It's obvious that he has way more muscle in his upper body now and his core is probably stronger (though harder to tell because of how fat blocks the ab unit). Obviously a lot has to do with legs too, but your comment is kind of silly. He looks a lot stronger now than he did before. Bigger does not equal stronger automatically.

This will also mean that he will probably have more stamina as long as he has been doing his cardio with this, and maybe he can jump a little higher now. Georges isn't even a banger anyway. He plays inside, yes, but he uses his footwork to create more opportunity than just 1-on-1 overpowering guys.

Last edited:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This seems like a typical comment from someone who thinks that heavier = stronger, automatically.

Look at the picture - look at his chest and his core. It's obvious that he has way more muscle in his upper body now and his core is probably stronger (though harder to tell because of how fat blocks the ab unit). Obviously a lot has to do with legs too, but your comment is kind of silly. He looks a lot stronger now than he did before. Bigger does not equal stronger automatically.

Regardless, having extra weight helps you down in the paint when someone is trying to back you down. I get what you're saying, but there is a reason why offensive linemen in the NFL aren't 275 with 6% body fat.

His conditioning and quickness will likely make up for the weight loss in the paint though. I'm not arguing that he should get fat again, I'm just saying there is a downside to being lighter as well.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Regardless, having extra weight helps you down in the paint when someone is trying to back you down. I get what you're saying, but there is a reason why offensive linemen in the NFL aren't 275 with 6% body fat.

His conditioning and quickness will likely make up for the weight loss in the paint though. I'm not arguing that he should get fat again, I'm just saying there is a downside to being lighter as well.

I agree, it helps, but my point is the 60 year old notion that heavier = automatically stronger. The guy is CLEARLY stronger right now from the looks of it with way more muscle. Anybody who works out enough will instantly spot how transformed his chest area is and how it looks very muscular now.

Your lower body is just as important if not more important down low anyway which you can't really see from that (and lower body development, visually, has more to do with genetics sometimes. My legs are not very large, but they are very, very strong).

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
his athletic measurables were the only thing holding him back from getting NBA attention.

This would be my guess for the main motivation. He's had enough skill, even in college, that he didn't need to be in peak shape. His was a little more dramatic but it's a transition most players with NBA dreams have to make.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Even if he's lighter, there won't be many post players that can score 17+ on him, which is almost guaranteed to be his point production (on the low end).

He will be even harder to guard on offense by true posts.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron