Terry Ayeni tears ACL; 2 other JUCO's not yet in Ames

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Re: Terry Ayeni: Torn ACL, will redshirt 2014

Not all bad. Essentially we give him up this year for a guy with about half a season and a full spring under his belt next year.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
What are odds Pierson and Taylor will make it to campus? I think it's pretty high for Pierson but I have a bad feeling about Taylor.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Meanwhile, KSU's 15 annual juco transfers all make it and qualify with no problems. Frustrating.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
It wouldn't suprise me if a guy that quit going to practice to "focus on academics" then was dismissed from the team, has been in trouble for possessing a controlled substance, basically wasn't recruited out of JUCO, and is currently not able to enroll never makes it on campus.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
It wouldn't suprise me if a guy that quit going to practice to "focus on academics" then was dismissed from the team, has been in trouble for possessing a controlled substance, basically wasn't recruited out of JUCO, and is currently not able to enroll never makes it on campus.

Who is this? ^^^

HerkClone

Sep 20, 2012
Meanwhile, KSU's 15 annual juco transfers all make it and qualify with no problems. Frustrating.

KSU is a desirable fb destination compared to some b12 schools. Snyder is one of the best coaches in college fb history.

Sounds like they do their homework on players. Pettiness and jealousy are not positive traits.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
KSU is a desirable fb destination compared to some b12 schools. Snyder is one of the best coaches in college fb history.

Sounds like they do their homework on players. Pettiness and jealousy are not positive traits.

I dont think its a knock on them as much as it is a frustration why we cant have the same success as often.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Either that, or the simple fact that KSU has historically had lower entrance standards...

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Why are you even on here troll? Sucks you guys didn't land Devine. Tell me all the standard lame excuses why.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Just typical Iowa State luck.

I don't expect a whole lot from Taylor or Pierson at this point. Not being in Ames and hitting the weights, learning the playbook, getting in playing shape, etc will hurt their chances of getting playing time by quite a bit.

And obviously we'll be getting nothing from Ayeni this year as well. DL was already our weakest area, and everyone commented all spring and summer how it would all depend on the new guys and JUCO's coming in. Well, here we are. We took the JUCO gamble and thus far it's not paying off at all. But that's the risk you take, and that's why a LOT of schools don't like going that route. But sometimes you have no other choice.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Taylor. He was a reach when we signed him but the word has been he's been in Ames all summer.

First I've heard of Taylor already being here. So, is he or isn't he here?

dfwcy

Oct 20, 2008
Just typical Iowa State luck.

I don't expect a whole lot from Taylor or Pierson at this point. Not being in Ames and hitting the weights, learning the playbook, getting in playing shape, etc will hurt their chances of getting playing time by quite a bit.

And obviously we'll be getting nothing from Ayeni this year as well. DL was already our weakest area, and everyone commented all spring and summer how it would all depend on the new guys and JUCO's coming in. Well, here we are. We took the JUCO gamble and thus far it's not paying off at all. But that's the risk you take, and that's why a LOT of schools don't like going that route. But sometimes you have no other choice.

Agree, even those couple of months extra if they get there in June are no doubt very helpful. training table, getting into a couple of classes, weightlifting program, conditioning. I know these kids will say they are staying in shape and working on things but no way its the same as actually being on campus and getting better with your teammates.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER

or the fact counting to 10 is all that school requires to get in. Football players don't even have a time limit to count that high.

Help Support Us

Become a patron