Nealy arrested for a noise complaint

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I posted this in the VEISHEA thread last night. On the scanner the cop was a ****. The cop was talking about how he gave a warning to a Blue Suburban with FL plates and they were still playing their music loud. He told the other cop to just arrest him on a simple misdemeanor instead of giving him a ticket. When they said the drivers name was Devondrick I put the name and the plates together.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Everyone has different opinion on what loud is...:eek:

I have never heard of a person getting arrested for loud music, first.

Ole Bobby doing a fine job...
BobbyLaGesse_Mug.jpg

Last edited:

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
I posted this in the VEISHEA thread last night. On the scanner the cop was a ****. The cop was talking about how he gave a warning to a Blue Suburban with FL plates and they were still playing their music loud. He told the other cop to just arrest him on a simple misdemeanor instead of giving him a ticket. When they said the drivers name was Devondrick I put the name and the plates together.

Boy, if those are the facts, that's an abuse of discretion. Sad.

We have too many Clones21-type cops around.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Boy, if those are the facts, that's an abuse of discretion. Sad.

We have too many Clones21-type cops around.

I was sitting there listening to the scanner doing tax returns. Even my wife who was on the couch reading a book made a comment about why would they arrest him and not give him a ticket (This was all before they said the drivers name).

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

But Devondrick wasn't being one by not complying with the cop?

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
But Devondrick wasn't being one by not complying with the cop?

No Angie -

You see, cops are always wrong. Therefore it's perfectly acceptable to disregard their warnings and still not face any further consequences.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
No Angie -

You see, cops are always wrong. Therefore it's perfectly acceptable to disregard their warnings and still not face any further consequences.

I mean, I do agree that he should have been ticketed first - but if he'd been asked to turn it down, it was clearly coming because of complaints.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Ames PD would have a heyday in my neighborhood then. I always just view the teenagers cranking music as a way to drown out the train and highway noise.

Hopefully this won't be their banner arrest of the week while the lightpole assault goes unsolved.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron