Nealy arrested for a noise complaint

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I usually reserve judgement for criminal cases, but I'm SO TIRED of stupidity. If a cop has a reasonable request (like turning down blaring music after already being warned), just do it. Even if you don't see the point of the request, is it really worth playing with fire if there is nothing legitimate to gain by doing so? Don't act like a ****. Don't try to laud your rights. Don't be a bro and try to show them up. I have interacted with a bunch of cops in the past, and as long as you are courteous and give them respect, they are do the same for you. When people start treating them like **** is when things escalate and you end up getting arrested for loud music.

So have I (3 times), and they didn't do the same for me.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
The arrest was for being a *******. Had he taken the warning and turned down the music he'd have been fine. And this all happened after his coach closed practice with a lecture on behavior yesterday. Idiot ought to be running laps in Trice on Saturday as punishment.

If you can get arrested for being an ******* this board is full of evidence.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
get off my grass you heathens, maybe Devondrick should have been wearing this shirt:
ar129660424399479.jpg

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
They warned him multiple times (the scanner said he was warned 4 times). And he still kept it up? Sorry Devondrick can't complain about the cops on that one. He had plenty of opportunity to avoid trouble.

Alright, once maybe but four is three too many.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I guess its not so much about Cops being wrong but the fact that there are bigger problems to be dealing with. A cop taking 2 hours out of his night to stop a loud car stereo is absurd. You'd think he had more pride in his job than that. To me its about bigger fish to fry. Especially if there wasn't an actual complaint. Sounds more like a ******* contest or an "I'll show this kid" situation than anything else. Cops should have no ego, sadly its usually the other way around.

It doesn't matter if you think the cops had bigger fish to fry. That doesn't change the fact that what Nealy did was against the law. The police gave him multiple opportunities to avoid trouble. He didn't take those opportunities. After hearing that CPR talked to the team about behavior, why would Nealy put himself in that position?

Last edited:

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
so what does this mean? And im goin to stay clear of campus town this weekend i like to play my music loud.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
1000's of people riot=2 arrest
1 man playing a sweet tune while cruising=arrested

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The arrest was for being a *******. Had he taken the warning and turned down the music he'd have been fine. And this all happened after his coach closed practice with a lecture on behavior yesterday. Idiot ought to be running laps in Trice on Saturday as punishment.

This. Make him run laps. There's no need for additional punishment, because in the end, a noise complaint is not a big deal. But that doesn't change the fact that Nealy should have been smart enough to avoid trouble in the first place.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Only in Ames have I heard of someone get a speeding ticket for 5 over, after passing a sobriety test and breathalyzer blowing 0.00. I'll just chalk this up as another one of those.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
so what does this mean? And im goin to stay clear of campus town this weekend i like to play my music loud.

If you like it over 55 decibels, then that's probably a good idea. This does not seem to be a good week to test the Ames PD.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Actually that is the funny thing. The cop never talked about anyone complaining, he kept taking about how he keeps seeing the blue suburban driving around. You could tell he was preoccupied with the blue suburban even though they were looking into house parties.
Don't get in the way of the mob mentality on CF.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Maybe if enough guys at positions of depth get arrested, people will forget about David Irving.

Help Support Us

Become a patron