I believe in magic

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
And I always will. I haven't been posting much due to the legal hell that comes with divorce. I live in a boarding room, barely get to see my children, embarking in a new career, and playing credit card Russian roulette. I have lost 40+ pounds due to extensive workouts and turkey sandwiches. But I still believe in magic. This team has helped me the entire time during this complete crap storm. My daughter believes in magic, as do I. And my son is magical. No matter when this run ends, remember this: it will be okay as long as you believe in magic. The future is bright, both for me and our beloved Cyclones.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
And I always will. I haven't been posting much due to the legal hell that comes with divorce. I live in a boarding room, barely get to see my children, embarking in a new career, and playing credit card Russian roulette. I have lost 40+ pounds due to extensive workouts and turkey sandwiches. But I still believe in magic. This team has helped me the entire time during this complete crap storm. My daughter believes in magic, as do I. And my son is magical. No matter when this run ends, remember this: it will be okay as long as you believe in magic. The future is bright, both for me and our beloved Cyclones.

I hear ya man. I'm still getting everything figured out after my divorce last year.

Just remember, in all things: This Too Shall Pass.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Oh and as far as the kids go, I've learned one big thing since my separation last April; Maximize Daddy time as much as possible. Yeah you don't get to see them as much as mom, but damn it they are gonna have a blast.

Yeah I'm spoiling my boys a lot, but I have to squeeze a weeks worth of love into a few days a week. They know how much I love them and I know they miss me by how excited they get when I come to pick them up.

Yeah it sucks not to see them all the time, but I am a better dad now since it's just me and them. So much more one on one time and important moments.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I would also like to take this time for a shameless career plug: I'm almost a licensed realtor, and I fully expect you Iowa City area Cyclones to PM me for my info. I'm building an army.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Oh and as far as the kids go, I've learned one big thing since my separation last April; Maximize Daddy time as much as possible. Yeah you don't get to see them as much as mom, but damn it they are gonna have a blast.

Yeah I'm spoiling my boys a lot, but I have to squeeze a weeks worth of love into a few days a week. They know how much I love them and I know they miss me by how excited they get when I come to pick them up.

Yeah it sucks not to see them all the time, but I am a better dad now since it's just me and them. So much more one on one time and important moments.

taking them to Hawaii in July. One of my dear friends married a military chick, and they won the military base lottery.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Just remember this ... Why are divorces so expensive? Because in the end, they're worth it.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Thank you everybody for your unwavering support. I know I have been brash on here from time to time, but we are still ONE family, all working for that common goal.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas

I too am in the process of divorce, two young kids. Just had the Temp. ruling. The only happiness has been my kids and my cyclones. PM me if you want to chat.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
every-great-man-every-successful-man-no-matter-what-the-field-of-endeavor-has-known-the-magic-that-lies-in-these-words-every-adversity-has-the-seed-of-an-equivalent-or-greater-benefit-w-clement.jpg

Always stay believing in the magic that helps you succeed.