Marvin Clark

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
With Marvin Clark on his official visit this weekend and not much known about him I thought I’d share what I found out about him.

First off he plays for a prep school it Wichita KS, Sunrise Christian. According to Max Preps they are the #7 prep school in the nation. Based off his prep school hoops website, [url]http://www.sunrisechristianhoops.com/rosters/prepteam.html[/URL], he is a 6’7â€￾ 220 lb forward. I listed below his stats I found from about half his games this year. Not all his games listed his stats so this is all the games I could find by searching different sites and twitter.

11/1 Garden City CC - 16 pts, 8 rebs, 3 asts
11/2 JUCO team? - 18 pts, 7 rebs, 4 asts
11/15 Cloud County CC - 32 pts, 14 rebs, 4 asts, 2 stls
12/12 Independence CC - 30 pts, 13 rebs
12/14 Butler CC - 23 pts, 6 rebs
1/16 ABCD - 25 pts, 12 rebs, 6 asts (Malou’s team)
1/17 St Johns Military - 20 pts, 8 rebs
1/18 Quakerdale - 23 pts, 8 rebs
1/20 Provision - 18 pts, 8 rebs, 10 asts (all most a triple double)
1/20 CYM - 20 pts, 9 rebs

As you can see he has some crazy good stats playing against D1 Juco teams and good Prep school teams. The first 5 are against JUCO and the last 5 are Prep teams. According to D1circuit.com his season stats are 24 pts, 10.3 rebs, 5.0 asts per game.

Travis Hines wrote a good article yesterday about Clark’s visit, [url]http://amestrib.com/hines-hoops/2014-prospect-clark-talks-cyclones[/URL]. Hines said he was committed to Oregon at one time but has now opened up his recruitment. The main schools he is considering are Oregon, Kansas State, Seton Hall, Ole Miss, Iowa State, Michigan State & Indiana. Clark also has offers from Mississippi, Arkansas, Bradley, Iowa, Oklahoma & Wichita State.

In this highlight video of him watch the very end where he goes behind the back to get by his defender. The defender literally falls to the ground. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2irDRsMZQkY[/URL]

Reactions: BACyclone

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
From that article sounds like he likes what he sees. I would take him in a heartbeat. Great size and good handles. I like it.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Good work cloneraslin. Also in Hines article, it mentioned he started off well in the prestigious EYBL (summer league) before breaking his foot, which makes you hope he is a bit under-recruited to what his talent level is. I also like that he is a post-grad prep school guy, somewhat the same advantage of a redshirt.

From the little highlights and stats I had found, it looked like his game was perfect for how we use our forwards. From Hines article it sounds like he feels the same. Ejim and Georges play yesterday was a great selling point imo.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
2014 is going to how it all unfolds. The three targets are RV, Malou and Clark. I think Freddy has something up his sleeve.

Does Malou have 3 years and Clark have 4 years of eligibility?

BloodyBuddy

Mar 13, 2012
Marvin, come to play for The Mayor. He has things rolling here, and would love you to be a part of that. He will make you a better shooter, prepare you for an NBA style of play. You will play against some of the best teams in the nation, and get a chance to take down KU.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I'd take Clark over Malou. Clark seems like more of a sure thing. Malou's recruitment just seems fishy to me. I'd take either one but if it's one or the other, give me Clark.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
2014 is going to how it all unfolds. The three targets are RV, Malou and Clark. I think Freddy has something up his sleeve.

I think Malou would be a 2015 recruit

Both would have 4 years. Prep school doesn't affect their clock.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

I'd take Clark over Malou. Clark seems like more of a sure thing. Malou's recruitment just seems fishy to me. I'd take either one but if it's one or the other, give me Clark.

2forISU, they both have 5 years to play 4.

It would be great to get them both, and I think the staff wants both in addition to Vaughn, but I agree with gocubs. If Malou signs with ISU, he could be great or he could not ever make it to ISU due to the NCAA clearinghouse. Clark may not have has high of ceiling, but I think it is more likely he would be a significant contributor, especially in regards to 2014-15. I really hope Malou can get some college credit to improve his chance to get past the clearinghouse and wait for the class of 2015, as he would be a great addition too.

Also, Clark's pg at Sunrise is going to Michigan State, FWIW.

Last edited:

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Isn't Sunrise where the kid from Rock island was going to before he transferred to the Rock? Anybody remember that from a couple of weeks ago?

Forget the kid's name but a student from Rock Island was on here and said that the kid said he was going to ISU...there was an article posted about how he went to Sunrise and it didn't work out so he went to Rock Island instead...think he originally played for Davenport West before transferring to Sunrise?

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Isn't Sunrise where the kid from Rock island was going to before he transferred to the Rock? Anybody remember that from a couple of weeks ago?

Forget the kid's name but a student from Rock Island was on here and said that the kid said he was going to ISU...there was an article posted about how he went to Sunrise and it didn't work out so he went to Rock Island instead...think he originally played for Davenport West before transferring to Sunrise?
Jerry Myles, and he would be a big-time get for the Class of 2016. Big combo-guard that Fred could use like Kane.

Help Support Us

Become a patron