Marvin Clark

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
With Marvin Clark on his official visit this weekend and not much known about him I thought I’d share what I found out about him.

First off he plays for a prep school it Wichita KS, Sunrise Christian. According to Max Preps they are the #7 prep school in the nation. Based off his prep school hoops website, Prep Team Schedule, he is a 6’7â€￾ 220 lb forward. I listed below his stats I found from about half his games this year. Not all his games listed his stats so this is all the games I could find by searching different sites and twitter.

11/1 Garden City CC - 16 pts, 8 rebs, 3 asts
11/2 JUCO team? - 18 pts, 7 rebs, 4 asts
11/15 Cloud County CC - 32 pts, 14 rebs, 4 asts, 2 stls
12/12 Independence CC - 30 pts, 13 rebs
12/14 Butler CC - 23 pts, 6 rebs
1/16 ABCD - 25 pts, 12 rebs, 6 asts (Malou’s team)
1/17 St Johns Military - 20 pts, 8 rebs
1/18 Quakerdale - 23 pts, 8 rebs
1/20 Provision - 18 pts, 8 rebs, 10 asts (all most a triple double)
1/20 CYM - 20 pts, 9 rebs

As you can see he has some crazy good stats playing against D1 Juco teams and good Prep school teams. The first 5 are against JUCO and the last 5 are Prep teams. According to D1circuit.com his season stats are 24 pts, 10.3 rebs, 5.0 asts per game.

Travis Hines wrote a good article yesterday about Clark’s visit, 2014 prospect Clark talks Cyclones | Ames Tribune. Hines said he was committed to Oregon at one time but has now opened up his recruitment. The main schools he is considering are Oregon, Kansas State, Seton Hall, Ole Miss, Iowa State, Michigan State & Indiana. Clark also has offers from Mississippi, Arkansas, Bradley, Iowa, Oklahoma & Wichita State.

In this highlight video of him watch the very end where he goes behind the back to get by his defender. The defender literally falls to the ground. Marvin Clark underrated Class of 2014 Prospect with offers from Oklahoma, Oregon and Iowa - YouTube

Must be the only reason people are interested.

:jimlad:

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Take a look at the size of some of the others on the sunrise team (original post link). They have more size than we do...

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
I wonder when he is expected to make a decision? Looks like we were his third OV and really enjoyed himself (Fred even took him out for din din Friday night). It's gonna be a bummer if he goes to K-State.. I really like this kid

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
So what I gather is he played with Custer and wants to get easy passes down low from him again

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Anyone know anything about his teammate Moataz Hosny? He stands out as a high major big guy, but is uncommitted and is in the class of 2014. I guess it could be eligibility concerns as he is from Egypt.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Was Marvin still in Ames last night? If so this has to be a good thing: (his tweet)

@Marv_Time15: Night For The Ages!

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Was Marvin still in Ames last night? If so this has to be a good thing: (his tweet)

@Marv_Time15: Night For The Ages!

so this is super-stalkerish of me, but you all probably know i'm a twitter-sleuth, I don't try to hide it, and i don't want a lecture (thanks in advance)....

I checked his follows late last night, and then again this morning - sometime early, he followed Niang, Kane, Hogue, Thomas and the Mayor. Niang, Hogue, Coach MA, Mrs Mayor, along with ~50 ISU fans have followed back.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
so this is super-stalkerish of me, but you all probably know i'm a twitter-sleuth, I don't try to hide it, and i don't want a lecture (thanks in advance)....

I checked his follows late last night, and then again this morning - sometime early, he followed Niang, Kane, Hogue, Thomas and the Mayor. Niang, Hogue, Coach MA, Mrs Mayor, along with ~50 ISU fans have followed back.

Good work ya freak

Spam

May 21, 2008

This migh the best piece of detective work since flight tracking

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

That's not stalking. That's just good common sense.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.

Not stalking at all. That is just utilizing the tools Twitter provides.

I would think a large number of new followers from ISU during or right after his visit might be pretty impressive to him. Shows him the support.