Marvin Clark

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Clark looks like a player that I would like to have, so elite or not, a highly desirable transfer. Matt is obviously good at knowing what these guys are looking for and getting at them quickly. It helps that he has the reputation that he does.

I wouldn't have wanted him but it will definitely be an talent upgrade for St Johns

Dingus

May 23, 2013
A little surprised Matt A got him after how unhappy Clark appeared to be with his recruiting from ISU the first time around, saying ISU just stopped all contact out of the blue. I'm assuming Matt was his recruiter.

Wonder how he spun that.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Clark was seeing big minutes in crunch time as a freshman for a final 4 team at Michigan State. He IS a big get for St. John's and would've been good for us as well.

Last year he got hurt right out of the gates and was never really himself.

If he's good enough for Tom Izzo as a FRESHMAN...he would've definitely been good enough for us. C'mon people...

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
A little surprised Matt A got him after how unhappy Clark appeared to be with his recruiting from ISU the first time around, saying ISU just stopped all contact out of the blue. I'm assuming Matt was his recruiter.

Wonder how he spun that.

"Our team blew chunks last year and you'll make an immediate impact"

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Clark was seeing big minutes in crunch time as a freshman for a final 4 team at Michigan State. He IS a big get for St. John's and would've been good for us as well.

Last year he got hurt right out of the gates and was never really himself.

If he's good enough for Tom Izzo as a FRESHMAN...he would've definitely been good enough for us. C'mon people...

He averaged 11 mpg in the Tournament

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
He averaged 11 mpg in the Tournament

Was on the court banging with Louisville's bigs down the stretch of an overtime game to go to the final 4...are we so elite now that we're above guys that are good enough for Tom Izzo to have on the court in key spots as freshmen?

If you look at Denzel Valentine, Travis Trice, and Matt Costello's stats at MSU as freshmen to judge whether or not we would want guy's like that on last year's team you'd be passing on them too. Players improve. Usually if a guy is contributing at MSU as a freshman, he's good enough for ISU.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Was on the court banging with Louisville's bigs down the stretch of an overtime game to go to the final 4...are we so elite now that we're above guys that are good enough for Tom Izzo to have on the court in key spots as freshmen?

If you look at Matt Costello's stats at MSU as an underclassman to judge whether or not we would want a guy like that on last year's team you'd be passing on him too. Players improve. Usually if a guy is contributing at MSU as a freshman, he's good enough for ISU.

It came down to Providence, St Johns, South Florida or Oklahoma State for his services. Decent player but not a high major transfer