Why is Kane the face of this team?

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
I think he's a good player, and I totally respect what he does on the court, but I feel that Ejim or Niang should be the face of this team. As a fan, those are the two I think of right now when thinking of leaders and impact players. Nearly every time I see something about the Cyclones pop up on my feed it has a picture of Kane attached. I understood it when Royce got the publicity, maybe I'm just not seeing it with Kane.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
graduated transfer, had one more shot at a tourney and he picked ISU. Interesting off-the-court story. Great 4 year stat line.

I would agree that long-term Ejim or Niang is more the face of the team but without Kane we wouldn't be 11-0.

CYfan004

Mar 2, 2013
I'll agree with you.

Take nothing away from Kane, as I love having him around. I would say that the fans, and people that "know" Iowa State Basketball would say it's Ejim's team. At the Michigan game, when I saw him out there warming up, and then when he came in off the bench, the place went absolutely nuts. People in the "know", know it's him.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
After that "foul" got called on him against Boise St, he seemed to take it up a notch. It was almost Royce like, where he just decided he was the best player on the court and he was going to prove it.

ty4cy90

Apr 27, 2010
Ames/Spirit Lake
How do you see him being the face of the team? I guess I don't see ISU athletics promoting him more than any of the others, and outside media does what it wants. He gets introduced last, but I think that is customary as forwards are introduced first.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Any 3 could be the face of the Cyclones at any single time. Hogue would at brief times, but we have 4 monsters on this time that seem to show up all the time and they all seem like great team players

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
The guy is a beast. His personal story is just way more intriguing than Ejims.
His numbers are crazy
Being point guard, he runs the show
Last shot at a tourney run
Gave his shoes to a homeless guy
Story of his father
Etc etc
Ejim is just a great guy and excellent representative but not much further to talk about

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Our entire team is like every player from the old "Arch Rivals" arcade basketball game, but especially Kane and Hogue...

[video=youtube;iGcw4ivEKnA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGcw4ivEKnA[/video]

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The guy is a beast. His personal story is just way more intriguing than Ejims.
His numbers are crazy
Being point guard, he runs the show
Last shot at a tourney run
Gave his shoes to a homeless guy
Story of his father
Etc etc
Ejim is just a great guy and excellent representative but not much further to talk about

This. Versatility sells

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
When the team starts the season a school record 11-0, wins a tournament championship, has a top 5 RPI, has a top 15 ranking in the polls, etc... This is the kind of pointless complaint that we are going to see. I guess it could be worse.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
There is no single person that is face of this team. And frankly there doesn't need to be. It is not "Kane's team" or "Ejim's team". Every one is a big contributor and on any night any one of the big four can take over a game (and have done so).

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Hate threads like this. All it does is get fans to debate how one player is better over another, inevitably leading to someone saying something unneccessarily negative. In the end, does anyone care if someone is the face of this team as long as we are winning? bah humbug, man. It's our BEST EVER START. Be happy.