Why is Kane the face of this team?

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Some of you guys are such pansies.

It was a genuine question asked through a slightly negative filter, but if you read the post and possessed any comprehension skills, you could see it was a question for discussion and not a knock on Kane.

Niang is my favorite player and will be the face of the program (other than Fred of course), but I'd say Ejim is that guy this season. Kane might get the most attention during games, but that is just because he is new. They pretty much drool over the entire program all night.

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
I also asked this question and have yet to see any evidence of it. I actually am genuinely curious in why OP or others may think Kane has been labeled the "face of the team."

As I stated in my initial post, he's the player I see in almost every post about the team. I was asking why that was.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I don't know about face of the team, but without Kane, I am scared to imagine what our record would be. Maybe .500 or a little better. Kane is the kind of guy that makes everyone around him better.

ty4cy90

Apr 27, 2010
Ames/Spirit Lake
As I stated in my initial post, he's the player I see in almost every post about the team. I was asking why that was.

Okay, but you said, "in your feed" is that facebook, twitter, or Cyclonefanatic? And who's posting it? CW, your friends, or cyclone athletics? You may be right and I don't mind discussing these things, I was just wondering some more information about your hypothesis.

I would have to disagree if you think Iowa State athletics is, in your opinion, making Kane the face of the program. I have seen features and pictures of multiple players. The national media on the other hand I think has latched onto Kane. i.e. John Rothestein's "Kane is able" mantra.

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
Okay, but you said, "in your feed" is that facebook, twitter, or Cyclonefanatic? And who's posting it? CW, your friends, or cyclone athletics? You may be right and I don't mind discussing these things, I was just wondering some more information about your hypothesis.

I would have to disagree if you think Iowa State athletics is, in your opinion, making Kane the face of the program. I have seen features and pictures of multiple players. The national media on the other hand I think has latched onto Kane. i.e. John Rothestein's "Kane is able" mantra.

Good point. I was referring to my Facebook feed, which features posts from many different Cyclone outlets, including Cyclones.tv, Cyclones.com, ISU Athletics, etc. I just noticed more often than not it was Kane who was the featured player, I'd say at least 3/4 of the time. I was just wondering if everyone else noticed or agreed. Apparently in my post Xmas hangover that didn't come through as clear.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I would put it this way.......I wish he had another year after this one. I just hope that Monte, Naz, SDW, Matt and even Custer are paying attention and learning.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
He reminds me quite a bit of Jamaal Tinsley where he wants the ball and make tough shots in critical situations. Allot of street smarts on the court with confidence and maturity.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think Kane is the guy that wants to be the face of the team, moreso than Ejim. He seems to want the responsibility. He wants to be the guy that is the guy that gets up emotionally when the other guys aren't feeling it. That's just what I gather. Plus, he has a good story, so he'll be the face regardless.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We have great players. Not sure I would call Kane the face of the team, but he acts like the captain on the court. Lots of guys contribute and talk a lot, but since early in the season, Kane seems to be the one who pulls the team together on the floor. I think he "willed" us to the win last night.

I love the BB smarts of many of our players, but Kane is the floor general. It is easy to see why Hoiberg wanted him so badly.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Kane had already built a reputation at Marshall back East. He wears 50. He has had some tough times. He has dedicated himself. He can do all phases of the game including posting up. He has a lot of story to tell. He can be flamboyant or steady in his game play. Taking the three shot at the end is the stuff people like.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Every post where? Here?

Then you arent reading many posts.

This is a complete fail of a thread, because Kane isn't the "face of the team"

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Agree, but only because Ejim's sweet high-top fade should be the face of this team.

Also, speaking of haircuts, did Naz go cold once he got rid of the faux-hawk? Bring it back and channel your inner Babb, Naz!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron