Baker Mayfield transferring from TTU?

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Lots of rumors flying around that he's leaving Tech. Oh and then he won the Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year award today.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
He won't come here, but as a walk-on how does his transfer status work in conference and out of conf? I assume he still has to sit out a year but wasn't sure since he wasn't on scholly.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
He will go out of conference. Not only would Kings block a transfer in conference, he would still have to wait 2 years to play. He will have many options after putting up the numbers he did as a true frosh.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
They are bringing in Pat Mahomes' son this year. From what I hear he is pretty legit and could challenge to start as a true freshman.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
He's not on scholarship, TT can not block where he transfers to. He does have to sit out a year regardless of where he goes. He's free to come to ISU or any other Big XII school for that matter.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Surprised that he passed up scholly offers to walk on at TTU and now wants to leave. I guess after he did well he expected to have a shot to keep the starting job.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Surprised that he passed up scholly offers to walk on at TTU and now wants to leave. I guess after he did well he expected to have a shot to keep the starting job.

Perhaps he was told he could play his way into a scholarship but was just recently denied? (Just a thought)

cyclones18

Apr 20, 2010
Ames
Who cares!

TT will continue to finish 7-5, like they have pretty much every year since they joined the BigXII until somebody, anybody involved in that program takes Defense seriously. I don't see pretty boy Kliff taking much of an interest. His celebrity will wear off in the next couple years and they will start crowing for change. They always get a schedule front loaded with the weaker teams, inflating their record, then proceed to lose the last half of the season when they have to play mediocre to good teams. Happens every year and enjoy watching it. Stay classy TT!

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Who cares!

TT will continue to finish 7-5, like they have pretty much every year since they joined the BigXII until somebody, anybody involved in that program takes Defense seriously. I don't see pretty boy Kliff taking much of an interest. His celebrity will wear off in the next couple years and they will start crowing for change. They always get a schedule front loaded with the weaker teams, inflating their record, then proceed to lose the last half of the season when they have to play mediocre to good teams. Happens every year and enjoy watching it. Stay classy TT!

I would take 7-5 every year.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Who cares!

TT will continue to finish 7-5, like they have pretty much every year since they joined the BigXII

Well, that was a smashing fail. Leach had 8 or more wins in 8 of his 10 seasons of coaching TT in the Big 12, including three nine-win seasons and one 11-win season...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Well, that was a smashing fail. Leach had 8 or more wins in 8 of his 10 seasons of coaching TT in the Big 12, including three nine-win seasons and one 11-win season...
Similar to danny mac, a poor man's version ?