Get ready for an ugly frustrating game

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
That's the way it always is when you play UNI. They won't even look for a shot until they're 20 seconds into their possession, and they will play very tough sound physical defense. They will suck us into a slow pace and frustrate the heck out of us. And they will do it with a bunch of players that most teams passed on, all of whom will be playing with a big chip on their shoulder. They will not beat themselves. We will have to win a half court game.

I think we will win, but we won't be emptying the bench this time.

Reactions: isugcs

ISU2

Jun 21, 2013
UNI will come out guns blazing to beat a top 25 team. ISU has to get out to a hot start.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Do we destroy UNI in anything anymore? Cripes...it has been forever and a day.

I'm expecting a frustrating, close game and hope we are shooting well.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
It won't be ugly if we don't allow them to play their style. You make it seem like UNI is certain to dictate the tempo, which they are most certainly are not.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Or we could crush them………...

Krush the Unholy Invaders from the North. Krush them to smithareens. This is Supreme Payback for the football game. Krush them at WFC.:yes:

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Just looked at their schedule. They are not the normal UNI team. I'm sure they will be up for it and it will be hard fought , but I'm not nervous about this one.

I looked to. I was surprised to see that they average 73 points a game. Maryland put up 80 and LMU 81 on them also.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
It won't be ugly if we don't allow them to play their style. You make it seem like UNI is certain to dictate the tempo, which they are most certainly are not.

The only way I see us forcing an uptempo game is if we come out and press the heck out of them, and I don't see Fred doing that. They will get back on defense very well which will make it difficult to get transition baskets. I'm afraid it's going to be a half court grind it out kind of game.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
UNI isn't a fast team. If we dictate the tempo, which is what I expect to happen, shouldn't be too hard. They're down this year.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
The difference i this team and past ones is that our point guard situation is set and we have the guys inside to board. I expect to win by 10-15. We will get their best shot no doubt but I don't think they have enough.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This ISU team has the offensive firepower and athletic ability of the two past teams, but a toughness and cohesiveness we have not seen this early in the year previously.

We are going to man up and run them out of the gym if we play like we have been recently.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA

UNI is very good at dictating tempo. Even when they aren't very good and don't win a lot of games, they dictate tempo and ugly the game up enough to keep it close for a while. I expect the same this year, but we will gradually pull away and won't be sweating it too much in the last few minutes.

Plus, it isn't at Hilton.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron