Friday OT #3- whose voice would you like to have?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
#1- If you could have anyone's singing voice, who would it be?

For me, probably Chris Isaak or Elvis. Panty droppers

#2- If you could have anyone's speaking voice, who would it be?

Not sure on this one. James Earl Jones came to mind, but I have to think about it some more.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
1) I wouldn't mind Beyonce money, so maybe her?

2) I don't really know about this. Maybe Holly Hunter? I'm not a dude, but there are some voices that are so recognizable they're just awesome. Patrick Warburton, Sean Connery, Patrick Stewart.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This is so easy. Bruno Mars. I would never be single unless I wanted to (which I would for awhile).

Otherwise, just purely for the sound, I really like Aloe Blacc's voice and I'm a big fan of voices like Ryan Bingham too.

Speaking- T.I. That guy talks cooler than anyone else.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
1. Hands down Freddie Mercury, gotta have that range.
2. I'm not quite sure but I know I would like to have pretty deep voice.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
1. Kelly Clarkson
2. Anyone but Fran Drescher? Actually I kind of like my own speaking voice. Didn't used to, but you get as old as me and you answer the phone and someone asks if they can speak to your mother, at this point it now seems like a positive instead of a negative. Old knees, young voice.

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
#1 anyone who can sing in tune. I play a little guitar but am a horrible singer, would be awesome to simply be in tune.
#2 Morgan Freeman - so everyone would listen to me

Would be awesome if my wife had the voice of Neko Case, she could sing me to sleep every night....

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
Singing: Freddie Mercury (although he gets a lot of his range out of his falsetto--his normal voice isn't *that* rangy [compared to, say, Peter Cetera and the like] but the timbre and power of his voice is unbelievable).

Speaking: David Bowie, just to try to break up the "deep-voices-only" crowd. His inflection is just so...Bowie.

Although just to shake things up, I wouldn't say no to Isaac Hayes in either category either.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Kind of comfortable with my own, for both. But if I HAD to choose...hmmmmm...

Singing: Kate Smith. You young'uns probably won't know her, but she had a magnificent alto voice.

Speaking: Always wanted a Scottish brogue to go with my clan ancestry, but I'm stuck with a watered down, transplanted Texan accent. All the Scots I could think of were male, tho...until my son reminded me of Merida (from Brave). So Merida it is!

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Morgan Freeman
Sam Elliott
James Earl Jones
Sean Connery
Clint Eastwood