Kansas Blogger SB Nation: ISU 10th

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
Why will they be better? Serious question because I honestly don't know much about them besides they return a good RB. I know their stud DT recruit got kicked off the team but that's about it.

He did get arrested but have not heard or read that he is off the team. Just that Charley promised to give him a stern talking to after the arrest.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Kansas will win a couple since they've gone the Snyder route bringing in JUCO's (not a bad strategy either given where they have been). No way ISU finishes 10th or goes 0-9 though

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Every year people pick Kansas to beat us, and every year we beat them, and sometimes just plain kick their ***. I'll believe it when I see it.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Kansas will win a couple since they've gone the Snyder route bringing in JUCO's (not a bad strategy either given where they have been). No way ISU finishes 10th or goes 0-9 though

Are they both getting their juco's from the same place though? Wonder if it will just make K-State not as good and Kansas only a little better.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Every year people pick Kansas to beat us, and every year we beat them, and sometimes just plain kick their ***. I'll believe it when I see it.
There's no doubt ISU kicked KU's *** last year, but in the last 10 years KU won 6 and ISU won 4 and last year was the only year that ISU kicked KU's *** during that time period.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
There's no doubt ISU kicked KU's *** last year, but in the last 10 years KU won 4 and ISU won 4 and last year was the only year that ISU kicked KU's *** during that time period.

FIFY, for some reason two of those seasons have been disqualified from my memory.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
I'll take a 3-0 start, thanks. If that happens I'm afraid that you can at least add KU as a likely win. Heck, I would say that with that kind of start a 6 or 7 win season isn't out of the question. These guys are desperate, but probably will have a long season. Hope we don't!

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
My Predictions:
1)OSU
2)TCU
3)OU
4)Texas
5)Baylor
6)K-State
7)ISU
8)Tech
9)WVU
10)Kansas
If neither Texas and Oklahoma finish in the top 2 and we finish 7th or higher (all in the BXII of course) , I will legitimately cover myself in feathers, tape myself doing the chicken dance for no less than 3 minutes in the Iowa snow, and post the video to CF in a new thread on Dec. 14th. Book it. Quote me. Do whatever you need to do

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
If neither Texas and Oklahoma finish in the top 2 and we finish 7th or higher (all in the BXII of course) , I will legitimately cover myself in feathers, tape myself doing the chicken dance for no less than 3 minutes in the Iowa snow, and post the video to CF in a new thread on Dec. 14th. Book it. Quote me. Do whatever you need to do

Done, reason i'm going with that is. OU is breaking in Blake Bell, he hasn't proved anything yet, OSU is going to be good, real good, TCU has Pachall back and a GREAT core on O and D will be always good.
Texas, they are going to underperform, they don't have all the pieces quite yet, they still have to find a QB that is worth a damn, Ash is streaky at best and McCoy is well, not Colt, and they just lost Brewer.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Are they both getting their juco's from the same place though? Wonder if it will just make K-State not as good and Kansas only a little better.

this is a bit of a canard. snyder's largest juco class ever was 9. frontbutt has signed 21 this year and labeled them the dream team.:realmad:

Last edited:

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

So... if Baylor and Oklahoma State both win on Saturday... we'd have this:

T-1. Oklahoma State (8-1)
T-1. Baylor (8-1)
3. Texas (7-2)
4. Oklahoma (6-3)
5. Kansas State (5-4)
6. Texas Tech (4-5)
T-7. Iowa State (2-7)
T-7. TCU (2-7)
T-7. West Virginia (2-7)
10. Kansas (1-8)

Last edited:

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006

T-1. Baylor (8-1)
3. Texas (7-2)
4. Oklahoma (6-3)
5. Kansas State (5-4)
6. Texas Tech (4-5)
T-7. Iowa State (2-7)
T-7. TCU (2-7)
T-7. West Virginia (2-7)
10. Kansas (1-8)

Is there snow expected this weekend?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

Just when you think your team's season is over and you have nothing left to root for...thank you for this!

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

T-1. Baylor (8-1)
3. Texas (7-2)
4. Oklahoma (6-3)
5. Kansas State (5-4)
6. Texas Tech (4-5)
T-7. Iowa State (2-7)
T-7. TCU (2-7)
T-7. West Virginia (2-7)
10. Kansas (1-8)

Hq235WJ.gif

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
I apologize if I am ruining all the CF fun but per the Big 12 website, we are ranked 9th in the conference, not tied for 7th. If we were 7th I would be more than happy to pay up. The tie breaking procedure is the team's overall record, which we did not best TCU or WVU at.

1. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
  2. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. Once a team has been eliminated from a multi-team comparison, it is dropped from further comparisons. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
    1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
    2. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in the conference
    3. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative, unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two highest ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Bowl Championship Series.
    4. The representative will be chosen by draw.
http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/football/weekly-release.pdf
Tiebreaker Procedures - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site