Kansas Blogger SB Nation: ISU 10th

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I apologize if I am ruining all the CF fun but per the Big 12 website, we are ranked 9th in the conference, not tied for 7th. If we were 7th I would be more than happy to pay up. The tie breaking procedure is the team's overall record, which we did not best TCU or WVU at.

1. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
  2. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. Once a team has been eliminated from a multi-team comparison, it is dropped from further comparisons. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
    1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
    2. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in the conference
    3. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative, unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two highest ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Bowl Championship Series.
    4. The representative will be chosen by draw.
http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/football/weekly-release.pdf
Tiebreaker Procedures - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

You left off the first line of that link:

The following procedure will determine the Big 12 Conference representative to the Bowl Championship Series in the event of a first-place tie:

Ties beyond first place don't get broken. The tiebreaker system is only to determine the BCS rep from the Big 12.

ISU finished tied for 7th. There is no tiebreaker.

Are you a man of your word?

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I apologize if I am ruining all the CF fun but per the Big 12 website, we are ranked 9th in the conference, not tied for 7th. If we were 7th I would be more than happy to pay up. The tie breaking procedure is the team's overall record, which we did not best TCU or WVU at.

1. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
  2. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. Once a team has been eliminated from a multi-team comparison, it is dropped from further comparisons. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
    2. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in the conference
    3. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative, unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two highest ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Bowl Championship Series.
And per the Big 12 last year we're tied for seventh. That only applies to who's the big 12 rep in the BCS. You can have ties for big 12 champs and they'll give both teams the trophy.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
You left off the first line of that link:

Ties beyond first place don't get broken. The tiebreaker system is only to determine the BCS rep from the Big 12.

ISU finished tied for 7th. There is no tiebreaker.

Are you a man of your word?
Give him credit, it was worth a try.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
If neither Texas and Oklahoma finish in the top 2 and we finish 7th or higher (all in the BXII of course) , I will legitimately cover myself in feathers, tape myself doing the chicken dance for no less than 3 minutes in the Iowa snow, and post the video to CF in a new thread on Dec. 14th. Book it. Quote me. Do whatever you need to do
Waiting for Dec 14th

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011

Nice try, but I call horse *****. The Cyclones are tied for seventh place.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

Oh, no, you're not getting out of this that easily.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012

1. Where do you see anything about overall record. The Big 12 doesnt use outside of conference games for any tie breaker including basketball seeding. Where it says "the records of the 3 teams shall be compared against each other" they are refering to the teams records vs. The other 2 teams. ISU 1-1, WVU 1-1, TCU 1-1.

2. As stated this applues to bcs representation (though the same process applies for basketball seeding) . Just like KSU still tied for the championship or we tied for 3rd in basketball in 2012 (even though we were 3rd seed) we are still tied for 7th regardless of tiebreaker.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
To whom it may concern,

Please change the Cyclone Fanatic countdown banner to December 14th in light of this epic called bluff.

Sincerely,

All Cyclone Fanatic members except Londo

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
Um, who here really cares about what a KU blogger thinks of ISU? I sure as hell don't. :dull:

BTW, why was this zombie thread resurrected in the first place? Burn this zombie!

Last edited:

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
If neither Texas and Oklahoma finish in the top 2 and we finish 7th or higher (all in the BXII of course) , I will legitimately cover myself in feathers, tape myself doing the chicken dance for no less than 3 minutes in the Iowa snow, and post the video to CF in a new thread on Dec. 14th. Book it. Quote me. Do whatever you need to do

And no fair trying to to wienie out by looking at out of conference games. You said "all in the BXII of course".

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
We definitely need a countdown clock. For sure. Feathers? Hahaha wow. This could be awesome...

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
Londo said:

So... if Baylor and Oklahoma State both win on Saturday... we'd have this:

T-1. Oklahoma State (8-1)
T-1. Baylor (8-1)
3. Texas (7-2)
4. Oklahoma (6-3)
5. Kansas State (5-4)
6. Texas Tech (4-5)
T-7. Iowa State (2-7)
T-7. TCU (2-7)
T-7. West Virginia (2-7)
10. Kansas (1-8)

For those just arriving...