Kansas Blogger SB Nation: ISU 10th

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I apologize if I am ruining all the CF fun but per the Big 12 website, we are ranked 9th in the conference, not tied for 7th. If we were 7th I would be more than happy to pay up. The tie breaking procedure is the team's overall record, which we did not best TCU or WVU at.

1. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
  2. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. Once a team has been eliminated from a multi-team comparison, it is dropped from further comparisons. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
    1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
    2. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in the conference
    3. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative, unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two highest ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Bowl Championship Series.
    4. The representative will be chosen by draw.
http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/football/weekly-release.pdf
Tiebreaker Procedures - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

you cannot apply this, #1 basically applies out of conference wins. You specifically stated record within conference in your comment so you cannot apply the Big 12 tie break rules. At the end of the day ISU Tied for 7th, so pay up.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
You left off the first line of that link:

Ties beyond first place don't get broken. The tiebreaker system is only to determine the BCS rep from the Big 12.

ISU finished tied for 7th. There is no tiebreaker.

Are you a man of your word?
I expect to see Londo soon before it gets colder.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Um, who here really cares about what a KU blogger thinks of ISU? I sure as hell don't. :dull:

BTW, why was this zombie thread resurrected in the first place? Burn this zombie!

Whenever there is a thread resurrection, it's always a good idea to read some of the recent posts to know why it was resurrected in the first place. That way, you save yourself looking like a fool with your own post.

Help Support Us

Become a patron