Kansas Blogger SB Nation: ISU 10th

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Kansas is the only game I'm 100% sure we will win next year. UNI and Iowa 90% sure IMO

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Kansas is the only game I'm 100% sure we will win next year. UNI and Iowa 90% sure IMO

Im more worried about Kansas just with where it falls on the schedule. Kansas will be better this season, and will be better come the end of the season. Im not worried at all about Kansas, but I'm definitely less worried about UNI.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
If we every got past 3 ******* wins in conference play this kind of **** would stop being written. As it is, it is hard to argue or expect much better to be said about ISU football.

Yes bowl games are nice but at some point we need to find the top half of the conference if we truly want to build some awesome things.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Im more worried about Kansas just with where it falls on the schedule. Kansas will be better this season, and will be better come the end of the season. Im not worried at all about Kansas, but I'm definitely less worried about UNI.

Why will they be better? Serious question because I honestly don't know much about them besides they return a good RB. I know their stud DT recruit got kicked off the team but that's about it.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
If we every got past 3 ******* wins in conference play this kind of **** would stop being written. As it is, it is hard to argue or expect much better to be said about ISU football.

Yes bowl games are nice but at some point we need to find the top half of the conference if we truly want to build some awesome things.

Agree....need to be a consistent top 5 type of team in conference. I've been listening to the radio talk about KF over in IC and "top 5 worst" deal....but in a couple years, a .500 record does make us antsy.

Don't get me wrong, I feel the upward swing...but now is the time to really do it. Should have reserves in by 4th quarter vs UNI, etc. Can't be winning games on the last drive.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
While their record projection is laughable, I actually think the overall write-up is pretty fair and decently researched/accurate.

I would bet a lot of money that we'll finish ahead of KU again, but overall, I can't knock this guy too much.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
While their record projection is laughable, I actually think the overall write-up is pretty fair and decently researched/accurate.

I would bet a lot of money that we'll finish ahead of KU again, but overall, I can't knock this guy too much.

Except the part where he's positive KU beats a Big 12 team on the road when they're zero for their last sixteen tries on the road.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Why will they be better? Serious question because I honestly don't know much about them besides they return a good RB. I know their stud DT recruit got kicked off the team but that's about it.
The stud defensive tackle recruit (KU's top recruit) is on the team and will be a huge upgrade from last year. The stud defensive end got kicked off and is a big loss. KU should be better for several reasons. The qb play will be much better, the defensive talent will be quite a bit better and finally because KU was so bad last year there is no where to go but up. I think KU still has a long ways to go and next year they should be quite a bit better, but this year they just have too many new players and will struggle again.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
They must be practicing rushing the field after a win again. That **** is mo-ti-vational.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Just mathematically Kansas has got to win on the road eventually. The same way we've gotten lucky in some really bad years and beaten Nebraska on the road or Texas.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Hard to take the guy seriously when he predicts wins vs. UI & Tulsa yet not a single conference victory. 0-9 for ISU is just silly talk. Also, a home loss vs. KU this season would be a huge step backward for ISU, I just don't see it.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Well it will either be us, Tech, or KU in the cellar. I think we only win 3 games tops in the big 12 (like always) and win 2 non-conference games. Not trying to be a debbie downer, just realistic. I think we lose at Tulsa but beat Iowa and UNI. We beat Tech, WVU, and KU and get really close to knocking off OU in the annual Paul Rhoads upset special.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
LOVE seeing these. Flying stealthy once again. One of these years people will stop predicting us last or near the bottom.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Well it will either be us, Tech, or KU in the cellar. I think we only win 3 games tops in the big 12 (like always) and win 2 non-conference games. Not trying to be a debbie downer, just realistic. I think we lose at Tulsa but beat Iowa and UNI. We beat Tech, WVU, and KU and get really close to knocking off OU in the annual Paul Rhoads upset special.

WVU could easily be in the cellar this year as well. They lost their 2 best offensive weapons on a team with a horrible defense.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Your 'realistic downer' prediction would be a massive improvement for KU. I think a lot of fans agree with you that 3-6 wins is very realistic even though it's not what we want...that's still countless miles away from agreeing that KU is going to beat ISU at home after ISU pounded them into oblivion on the road last year.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I don't see Kansas winning a B12 game any time in the next couple years. Roster is terrible and their coach is even worse.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron