Screw you ESPN!!

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Today they updated their rankings and once again our cyclones get screwed! Thomas dropped from 34 to 51 and monte fell completely out of the rankings from 82. Just pisses me off that we get no respect at all, these players have done nothing that says they have declined, they are still the same players if not better. Rant over.

D

DistrictCyclone

Today they updated their rankings and once again our cyclones get screwed! Thomas dropped from 34 to 51 and monte fell completely out of the rankings from 82. Just pisses me off that we get no respect at all, these players have done nothing that says they have declined, they are still the same players if not better. Rant over.

CFH's judgment > ESPN

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Rankings are meaningless at this point. Time will be the judge of how good those guys are

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I don't really have a problem with them dropping Thomas. But I don't understand how Monte could go from a 82 grade down to a 77. I mean, what did they see the past 3 months that made him drop that far?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So if they are still the same players then what's it matter? And if they are ranked lower wouldn't that keep more coaches from trying to poach them?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Yeah, I think ESPN just hates any Big XII team not named Texas. I'm not shocked, nor do I care. It's Fred that makes these guys winners, not the idiots that watch youtube videos of basketball players and rank them on how good they are.

Honestly, Isaiah Austin was the 4th best player in the nation according to Rivals. Is he really? No. Will he be a great player SOMEDAY? Probably in the NBA, yes. But was he really the 4th best high schooler coming into college? No. Probably not even a top 50.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I don't really have a problem with them dropping Thomas. But I don't understand how Monte could go from a 82 grade down to a 77. I mean, what did they see the past 3 months that made him drop that far?

Other players looking better?

D

DistrictCyclone

Speaking of highly-touted players, I just saw that Nerlens is out for the rest of the season. Ouch. Think he still tries his hand at the pros?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'm sure the drop in ratings is purely because they are committed to ISU and has nothing to do with guys playing their senior seasons.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I hate when people act lik they don't care about rankings. Instead they try to come up with a funny response. Do you not want to get any respect? You can't tell me Morris and Thomas got worse so why such a big drop? Monte the 6 th best player in Michigan? Yeah right.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Honestly, I think their drop is a result of the scouts seeing a lot of the other players at national games against each other during the winter for basketball maganet prep schools like Oak Hill Academy, Findlay, or Brewster.
Monte and Thomas playing with their town's basketball teams don't give them the exposure they were able to recieve on the AAU circut during the summer from these scouts.

Honestly Matt Thomas overall grad just went from a 88 to an 87, so the scouts still see him as basically the same just ranked behind others that have the 88 ranking.
I am shocked Monte went from a 4 star grade of 82 to a 3 star grade of 77... That is a huge drop. I have no idea how you could downgrade the same individual that much in a span of 6 months (with out injury, of course).

Either way, both will be very good players for Fred and ISU for the next 4 year, these are just opinions. Hopefully Morris can use this as motivation and is out to prove this ranking wrong.

Help Support Us

Become a patron