Bruce Webber's Post Game Excuse...

NoJantzesLeft

Oct 6, 2012
Ames, IA
Did anyone catch Bruce's post game excuse regarding the fact that "We had flight problems, so maybe since we had to bus up here, maybe we didn't have our legs in the second half." I thought that was funny..

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Do the players get First/Business Class on flights? If not, a bus would be more comfortable on their legs than Coach Class on a plane. Or do they usually take charters?

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Do the players get First/Business Class on flights? If not, a bus would be more comfortable on their legs than Coach Class on a plane. Or do they usually take charters?

You obviously aren't over 6 foot tall. Riding a bus can be miserable for a tall or big person.

At least when I, at 6 ft 3 in, get on a plane, I know I am cramped for a very short time. a 45 minute plane ride in a cramped seat is much easier to tolerate than a 4 or 5 hour bus ride in one.

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
You obviously aren't over 6 foot tall. Riding a bus can be miserable for a tall or big person.

At least when I, at 6 ft 3 in, get on a plane, I know I am cramped for a very short time. a 45 minute plane ride in a cramped seat is much easier to tolerate than a 4 or 5 hour bus ride in one.
I can almost guarantee they get out every 1.5-2 hours and walk around so this does not happen. Heck we did that in high school for long bus trips.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
I can almost guarantee they get out every 1.5-2 hours and walk around so this does not happen. Heck we did that in high school for long bus trips.

still stinks. It's probably a 4 to 5 hour bus time to Ames from Mannhattan. Maybe an hour plane ride. Yeah, I wan't to give up 10 hours of my life to a bus, instead of 2 to a plane. NOT. Especially, 10 hours of cramped.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Yet they made almost every shot they threw up. Might want to coach tired legs in the future to help their shooters.

This, you don't usually associate tired legs with shooting 60% from the floor in the second half. Bad but typical excuse, makes me wonder what he'll come up with after we complete the sweep.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Good point. I was focusing on the cramped-ness, not the duration of time.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Did anyone see the bus? It was a lux-liner with fully reclining seats. Not a school bus or even a Greyhound....

Help Support Us

Become a patron