Hoks don't lack confidence

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Sounds like he's cocky and the OSU fans are too, the Rag reports they were chanting that they didn't want him, which seems fairly childish.

Really? I would consider we didn't want you as one of the more tame chants that has come from a student section over the years.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Aaron White is pretty laughable, I wouldn't take anything that kid says as being realistic. I mean come on, he has an attitude like he's a tough *** on the court, but he has the muscle definition and posture of a toddler with spina bifida. The kid is living in some self encompassing dream world.

D

DistrictCyclone

I'm not sold on Ohio State either but saying you're just as good as a team and let it get away when you were down 20+ pts in the 2nd half is outrageous

For obvious reasons, a banked in 3 at the buzzer to send it to OT is a lot diff than losing by 9 in regulation when you were down 20+ in the second half

This guy...I like this guy.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Exactly, the entire b1g isn't as good as the media wants us to think. It's Indiana, Michigan and everyone else. Ohio State is great defensively but they struggle to score.

Exactly, it happens every year and in basketball and football and then they are exposed at the end.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
If we can still make the tourney last year after losses to UNI and Drake, then we will have no problem with a "bad loss" to Iowa. Here's to them losing the rest of their games. The chant was "We still don't want you" to Aaron (Very) White. **** that guy, he is a punk.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I'm not sold on Ohio State either but saying you're just as good as a team and let it get away when you were down 20+ pts in the 2nd half is outrageous

And yet somehow, despite being down by 23 and shooting 25% for most of the game, they probably should have won. A team that came in shooting 72% from the line went 13-26 last night, and lost by 9. Had a chance to close it to 3, but missed a FT.

Iowa didn't deserve to win, but they still let it get away from them at the end. It was right there for the taking.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Exactly, it happens every year and in basketball and football and then they are exposed at the end.

Won't disagree on basketball. But like hell it happens in football. The Big Ten is made out to be a joke in football almost every year anymore. Hell, this year, they made a case that they weren't as BAD as they were made out to be.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And yet somehow, despite being down by 23 and shooting 25% for most of the game, they probably should have won. A team that came in shooting 72% from the line went 13-26 last night, and lost by 9. Had a chance to close it to 3, but missed a FT.

Iowa didn't deserve to win, but they still let it get away from them at the end. It was right there for the taking.

If you watched that game and actually thought Iowa should have won you should apply to be Aaron White's publicist. The reason they shot 25% is the fact that they have no shooters and Ohio State looked twice as athletic when Iowa was trying to run their sets. Saying they deserved to win because they missed more FTs than usual is like saying Iowa was lucky to be in the game since they doubled their season avg in offensive rebounds.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

Sure helped that most of Ohio State's offense (aka Thomas) went out for some time in the 2nd half. But I suppose you can ignore that.