Huskers: Order Restored???

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I listened to AM 590 tonight after the press conference, sounds like order is restored again.

I thought Iowa fans were borderline insane, but I truely believe Nebraska fans need to profesional help now.

Any thoughts on this hire? Should we worry? What are you expecting?

Personally I don't think this was a grandslam hire. I don't see too many LSU fans getting upset or worried about losing Polini.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
What has Pelini done that has been so great?

Compare his resume with Chizik's and whose is better? Seems like an easy answer to me.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I listened to AM 590 tonight after the press conference, sounds like order is restored again.

I thought Iowa fans were borderline insane, but I truely believe Nebraska fans need to profesional help now.

Any thoughts on this hire? Should we worry? What are you expecting?

Personally I don't think this was a grandslam hire. I don't see too many LSU fans getting upset or worried about losing Polini.

thats because he was an assistant. Most fan bases don't lose it when one of their assistants is hired. I think the relationship was a bit strained but you didn't see Texas panic when we hired chizik either.

cy1225

Oct 6, 2007
Nebraska has advantages no debate however the Big 12 will never be the Big 8 (2) where you had OU and Neb. and everyone else. Too much parity and the conference definitely has a Texas influence now. Too mnay good teams (MU, KU, TX, TECH etc)

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
New shirt for sell at NU... They are trying everything to cling onto the past.

image.php

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Compare his resume with Chizik's and whose is better? Seems like an easy answer to me.

He won his first game as a head coach in the Alamo bowl a couple years ago!

I think this was a great hire for NU.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Here's something funny... before they had the press conference they were talking about this on 590 and guess one of the names that came up as a possible assistant coach? Barney Cotton! lol!

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL

Texas fans weren't exactly upset about losing Chizik, though. Especially after that K-State game last year, they were really accosting him of underperforming with all that talent, similar to the criticisms leveled against Pelini. Then after it came out that he was interviewing with us at the same time, Longhorn fans really accused him of dogging his responsibilities as D-Coordinator.

Of course, their new guy, Akina, has drawn a great deal of criticism this year as well. Mack Brown, too. Pretty funny.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Texas fans weren't exactly upset about losing Chizik, though. Especially after that K-State game last year, they were really accosting him of underperforming with all that talent, similar to the criticisms leveled against Pelini. Then after it came out that he was interviewing with us at the same time, Longhorn fans really accused him of dogging his responsibilities as D-Coordinator.

Of course, their new guy, Akina, has drawn a great deal of criticism this year as well. Mack Brown, too. Pretty funny.

Losing to K-State 2 years in a row will do that to a fanbase. Wonder what their excuses were this year after losing to them again since they don't have Chizik to kick around anymore. I'm sure they were just talent deficient.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Losing to K-State 2 years in a row will do that to a fanbase. Wonder what their excuses were this year after losing to them again since they don't have Chizik to kick around anymore. I'm sure they were just talent deficient.

Yeah, but I think some teams just match up differently and K-State seemed to have Texas's number the last couple years. OU seemed to have Missoui's while we played OU pretty well.

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Akina isn't a new guy. Chizik and Akina were co-defensive coordinators in 2006 and many Texas fans were thinking this year they would be so much better with Akina, alone, calling the defense. Maybe it was Akina getting in Chizik's way.:yes:

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
I think its hilarious listening to Husker fans..."I expect Pelini to win us a Big 12 Championship within two years, and a national championship in four years."

:twitcy:Sometimes I wonder about that entire state....