Movies you refuse to watch.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It's worth watching once.

It's "epic," in a big-production Hollywood-throwback way. If you don't worry about how unrealistic it is in the context of an actual historic event, it has emotional impact.

If you believe Academy Awards recognize truly great filmmaking (and not just the size of the budget) it's ****.

It wants to be soooo many things. A commentary about social class. A romantic drama. Greed vs. Humanity. Love vs. ... well ...

For each cinematically perfect scene, there are 1.75 scenes seemingly invented by a third-grader.

I went to Titanic against my will when it first came out and I HATED it. It's on my boycott list.

Last edited by a moderator:

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Has there been a mention of "Grease?" I watched the first five minutes and couldn't stand it. Saw about five minutes of "Avatar" and thought it was incredibly stupid. Yeah, yeah, I get it- we've raped the rain forest and wiped out Native Americans. A generic concept in a space medium. I also want my money back for having watched "300." That movie was homo erotic and racist.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Has there been a mention of "Grease?" I watched the first five minutes and couldn't stand it. Saw about five minutes of "Avatar" and thought it was incredibly stupid. Yeah, yeah, I get it- we've raped the rain forest and wiped out Native Americans. A generic concept in a space medium. I also want my money back for having watched "300." That movie was homo erotic and racist.

If you didn't enjoy "300", i feel bad for you.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

It's fun the first time, but it is a pretty stupid movie. And it gave Hollywood a reason to believe Gerard Butler could carry ****** movies from now until eternity, which is pretty unforgiveable.

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA

I'm confused. Did you like it or not?

Reactions: GoCubsGo

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
It's fun the first time, but it is a pretty stupid movie. And it gave Hollywood a reason to believe Gerard Butler could carry ****** movies from now until eternity, which is pretty unforgiveable.

How do you feel about "Law Abiding Citizen"? That movie was pretty incredible.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

No kidding. Its not historically accurate and its over the top. Thats what I loved about it. Made me want to go kick someones *** and it was visually stunning. Great man movie.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I refuse to watch and of the Twilight movies. I will watch about anything at least once and try to keep an open mind,but I draw the line on Twilight.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Pretty much anything with "Twilight" in the title. My wife knew better than to even ask. I think she was even a little embarrased that she was watching them.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
When I first saw JFK as a youngster I thought it was awesome. Having since learned of all the falsehoods, exaggerations and blatant lies it contains, I'll never watch it again.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
What with all of the Gerard hate? I cant see any reason to hate the guy. His romcoms blow, but overall his action movies are pretty decent.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I haven't gone past page 10, but haven't seen "The Walking Dead" listed yet. A Vietnam War movie. I saw it in the theater, and there was one other person in the place. Couldn't stay thru the whole thing. "Gods and Generals" was another one I left in the middle of, and Robert Duvall is one of my favorite actors.

Love Napolean Dynamite BTW.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
What with all of the Gerard hate? I cant see any reason to hate the guy. His romcoms blow, but overall his action movies are pretty decent.

It's mostly the rom-coms. Outside of 300 he's been an insufferable *** in every movie I've seen him in.