Texas & Texas A&M not likely to play before 2018

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Well they wanted to get away from Big Brother. Be careful of what you wish for...

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
They should still play in basketball or something. I'd like to see us play Nebraska in hoops.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
They should still play in basketball or something. I'd like to see us play Nebraska in hoops.

Sounds like it's up to individual coaches:

Byrne also said his coaches in all sports are checking with their counterparts at Texas in terms of nonconference scheduling. So far he’s only heard back from men’s tennis, and the Longhorns have declined the offer.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

Good. There is this huge sentiment among sportswriters that Texas should make every effort to continue to play A&M. But I say to hell with A&M. They walked away, and nobody owes them anything. In fact, I think the entire Big 12 should freeze them out of all sports. That's the price you pay for abandoning your league. Can't have it both ways - greener pastures with a new conference and all your old rivalries too.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I agree. I hope nobody plays them ever and they suck for eternity. Same with Nebraska. CU doesn't need my help.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
ChuckCarltonDMN Chuck Carlton
UT AD DeLoss Dodds on A&M: "In my e-mail to Bill Byrne, I wrote that we were not in a position now to look at future football scheduling."

More Dodds: "We're scheduled out with non-conference games through 2018 and our Big 12 schedule is not yet settled."
2 minutes ago

Regarding A&M, Dodds added that if "any future options are available, the decision will not be made by just one person."
59 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
They asked for the divorce, now they can deal with the custody issues.

Aggie needs Texas for relevance and Texas knows that. Better rewrite that school song of theirs.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Why would anyone in the Big 12 play Nebraska, Colorado, or Texas A&M in any sport? They wanted out. Let them stay out.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It takes a lot of gall on Byrne's part to leave the conference the way they did and immediately turn around and petition UT for a non-con game. Some people have no shame.

Made your bed Aggy. Go lie in it.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Good. There is this huge sentiment among sportswriters that Texas should make every effort to continue to play A&M. But I say to hell with A&M. They walked away, and nobody owes them anything. In fact, I think the entire Big 12 should freeze them out of all sports. That's the price you pay for abandoning your league. Can't have it both ways - greener pastures with a new conference and all your old rivalries too.

100% agree with this. You wanted out now take a hike

Help Support Us

Become a patron