Texas & Texas A&M not likely to play before 2018

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
We play Nebraska in Volleyball, Swimming & Diving, and Gymnastics. I guess JP doesn't agree.

Well, we aren't sitting on a pile of cash like Texas is. It's probably mutually beneficial for us to play Nebraska. Short trip, big program. And Jamie seems like a stand up guy. I would hope though, if not playing ISU made Nebraska less relevant, ISU wouldn't play them. Right now though, it would probably hurt our teams more than help them.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
We play Nebraska in Volleyball, Swimming & Diving, and Gymnastics. I guess JP doesn't agree.

And those are based on finances (i.e., geography) and competition level. Nebraska VB is a quality non-conference matchup. Swimming and gymnastics have a distinct lack of regional opponents.

Football and hoops can be more selective with scheduling. Olympic sports compete against schools that are close.

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
Hello, Aggies... if you want to play Texas so bad maybe you should have stayed in the Big 12. If I were Texas I wouldn't do aTm any favors either. Why should they? And now they're going to cry about it. Screw them.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
They asked for the divorce, now they can deal with the custody issues.

Aggie needs Texas for relevance and Texas knows that. Better rewrite that school song of theirs.

This is like asking for a divorce, then once it's finalized after a bitter fight, calling your ex and saying "You know, we always had fun with your family on Thanksgiving. We should keep doing that. I know I got the Scrabble game in the settlement, I'll promise to bring it."

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We should be hoping texas gets pressured to play this game. Texas being locked into an in-state nonconference game could give them strong reason to jump on the side of getting back down to 8 nonconference games, otherwise they'd end up in a similar situation to us, unable to play other BCS teams unless they want to play 11 BCS teams a season.

Its good for the state of texas and the fans of both schools for the two to play. Look for the legislature to pressure them to get a deal done.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron