Staying at 10?

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Besides falling (hook, line, and sinker) for Senolcyc obvious attempts at trolling you, your information has been fairly good and has fell fairly well in line with the recent developments regarding concessions.

I do love messing with him, guilty as charged.

But let's go back. rebecacy's big scoop was that Oklahoma was only pretending to be interested in the Pac 12 to manipulate Texas. Does anyone believe that?

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Besides falling (hook, line, and sinker) for Senolcyc obvious attempts at trolling you, your information has been fairly good and has fell fairly well in line with the recent developments regarding concessions.
Now that I know who it is, I have trouble stopping. But I will. It's hard because I truly hate the bastard.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
grow up was in reference to days of silly talk about the big 10...................and you might want to go back and look at TCU. Are you Alex son of Dave?? You know better.

I do know better. I know you are at the donor level you speak of, i do not doubt that, but i also know that quite a few things that you said were going to happen never panned out.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Does anyone believe that?

Nope. And as i recall one of the local papers down there obtained emails showing OU was surprised it got shot down by the PAC. They were fully ready to go, theyre only here because the PAC shot them down and they dont have other options. Now theyre going to try to make the best of the big 12 and start their own network.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
And the reason this would **** you off is because you want ISU to get LESS money with 12 teams, right??

At the present time, 10 teams is more than adequate. We have our contracts in place. Big East may even survive a couple more years if we do not pillage all the available teams. The agreement giving the conference ALL rights to Tier 1 and Tier 2 games for 6 years is a BIG deal. The 10 teams we have would be tied up. Before we renegotiate the new Tier 1 deal in a couple years, we can talk of expansion then. Increases our negotiating power in that deal. But until that time adding additional teams just decreases the share for all the remaining teams of the Big 12. So I am happy with 10 teams......for now. In the future I can see getting back to 12 teams. And I am sure we have our targets out there. Louisville is going NOWHERE. They are ours when we want them. Same thing with WVU. The SEC has said they do not want them. Mizzou may go to the SEC. Good luck to them. Hope they enjoy being a middle of the road team in the SEC and their fans will travel even less than they do now.

I didnt read the entire thread so I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but ISU's best chance at success is if the Big 12 goes back to the divisional format. And that would require going to 12 teams.
ISu getting back into a "Big 12 North" would greatly outweigh any revenue loss from the extra 2 teams. Without a doubt.
Thats by far our best chance to win the Big 12 and make a BCS bowl. Its a small chance but still a chance. Without the divisions we have basically no chance.

Last edited:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
popcorn.jpg

Reactions: alarson

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Let's see some links to your TCU predictions of six weeks ago, Miss Cleo.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
what about an even split of money from the re-instated championship game???

The Big 12 did not lose any money when the championship game was lost. I doubt there would be additional monies for the Big 12 if the game was reinstated. (Unless contracts are redone)

CloneAggie

Oct 21, 2006
12-14 schools in and of itself won't bring long term security. If it did, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

The worst thing the Big 12 could do right now is some kind of panic-add to reach some magic number of teams. Especially if that results in a conference with teams scattered all over the continent.
Now that is thinking outside the box! Let's do it.

Road trip to Vancouver!
University Of British Columbia Thunderbirds

Or let's go south ... road trip to Monterrey!
BORREGOS SALVAJES

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I didnt read the entire thread so I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but ISU's best chance at success is if the Big 12 goes back to the divisional format. And that would require going to 12 teams.
ISu getting back into a "Big 12 North" would greatly outweigh any revenue loss from the extra 2 teams. Without a doubt.
Thats by far our best chance to win the Big 12 and make a BCS bowl. Its a small chance but still a chance. Without the divisions we have basically no chance.

I might buy into that if ISU had even played in one Big 12 championship game when the Big 12 had one.

Take a look at the revenue of the Big 12 teams. ISU needs revenue...badly.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I might buy into that if ISU had even played in one Big 12 championship game when the Big 12 had one.

Take a look at the revenue of the Big 12 teams. ISU needs revenue...badly.

Well, unfortunately Danny Mac was our coach and not Paul Rhoads when the North was just begging us to win it.
To think Rhoads cant win the North now because we never did before is naive at best.

We also need to play in bowl games. To me, the positives from divisions greatly outweigh whatever revenue loss we see. (which probably wouldnt be a ton)

Reactions: CycloneErik

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009

I fail to understand why it is going to be so easy to win the Big 12 if we go back to 12 or more teams. I seriously doubt if the old big 12 north is ever resurrected without Colorado and Nebraska being part of the conference. I would rather think we will most likely have a setup more similar to the Big 10 whereby it is not strictly geographical. We could well end up in a division with whereby we play at least one of Texas and Oklahoma if not both. I think it is easier year in and year out to be better than 9 other teams than it is to best 11 other teams. Simple logic suggests this.

We have not even given the ten team format a chance. I do know good recruits like to play good teams. Give CPR a chance to run with the big dogs. In three or four years, we all may be surprised.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
Let's stay at 10. That way, we can let the other conferences expand and add the teams that are a good fit for us. We have so much success being followers instead of leaders. Might as well have Beebe run the conference if they stay at 10. Sounds like Texass is still in charge.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Let's stay at 10. That way, we can let the other conferences expand and add the teams that are a good fit for us. We have so much success being followers instead of leaders. Might as well have Beebe run the conference if they stay at 10. Sounds like Texass is still in charge.

Why does the conference need more than ten teams?

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I fail to understand why it is going to be so easy to win the Big 12 if we go back to 12 or more teams. I seriously doubt if the old big 12 north is ever resurrected without Colorado and Nebraska being part of the conference. I would rather think we will most likely have a setup more similar to the Big 10 whereby it is not strictly geographical. We could well end up in a division with whereby we play at least one of Texas and Oklahoma if not both. I think it is easier year in and year out to be better than 9 other teams than it is to best 11 other teams. Simple logic suggests this.

We have not even given the ten team format a chance. I do know good recruits like to play good teams. Give CPR a chance to run with the big dogs. In three or four years, we all may be surprised.

Never said "so easy".
Easier? Absolutely 100%. A LOT easier.
Win the north then roll the dice in the title game. Never know what can happen on a given day! Just ask the 09-10 Huskers.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

+1

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines

This doenst make sense either. We wouldnt play every team in the Big 12 with the divisional format. Just like we didnt before.
Simple logic suggests the fewer schools we play with the word "Texas" or "Oklahoma" in their name, the better.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
This doenst make sense either. We wouldnt play every team in the Big 12 with the divisional format. Just like we didnt before.
Simple logic suggests the fewer schools we play with the word "Texas" or "Oklahoma" in their name, the better.

It was not long ago that TTU and OSU were average programs, while KU and MU were fighting for BCS spots. In fact TTU and UT are rather average right now. Things change, and can again.

Last edited:

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
what about an even split of money from the re-instated championship game???
Reading between the lines, I see that you are giving a hint that there will be at least 12 teams in the BIG 12.