Austin Flynn

Wcloneswin

Apr 20, 2006
Received an email from Harold Flynn, Austin's dad this morning. Effective Aug 1 he will become an Asst. Football Coach at Grandview and become a member of Mike Woodley's staff. He is finishing up his Masters Degree. Austin married his high school sweetheart, Jana, (former Houston Texan cheerleader) and they have a little boy Ethan who I think is less than two. Jana has a degree in marketing so if any Clone fan knows of any opportunities the Flynns would appreciate it.

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
Received an email from Harold Flynn, Austin's dad this morning. Effective Aug 1 he will become an Asst. Football Coach at Grandview and become a member of Mike Woodley's staff. He is finishing up his Masters Degree. Austin married his high school sweetheart, Jana, (former Houston Texan cheerleader) and they have a little boy Ethan who I think is less than two. Jana has a degree in marketing so if any Clone fan knows of any opportunities the Flynns would appreciate it.

Congrats to Austin.

I'll refrain from the immature comments I want to make about his wife. :yes:

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Welcome back to Austin and it's good to have him back in central Iowa.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Congratulations !
Also, I believe Austin is one of the Fanatics - saw his posts some time ago (probably early last year)

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
One of my favorite all-time Cyclones. I think he posts here on occasion.

Maybe Rhoads should hire him as a receivers coach down the road?

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Great news. I spent a year at Grand View. I wonder if Lou Yacenich is still their A.D. If so, Austin can learn a thing or two from the guy. Lou is/was a very well respected baseball coach (I know, different sport but coaching is coaching).

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Congratulations !
Also, I believe Austin is one of the Fanatics - saw his posts some time ago (probably early last year)

yep, he used to post a lot more than he has recently, but he is a member.

Welcome back Austin!

Clonester

Apr 1, 2009
Buffalo Center, IA
Austin coached us athletic training students in the trainers vs managers football game awhile back. Grandview probably hired him on his performance in that game alone.

clone26

Jan 30, 2009
DSM
www.explorethemetro.com
Great news. I spent a year at Grand View. I wonder if Lou Yacenich is still their A.D. If so, Austin can learn a thing or two from the guy. Lou is/was a very well respected baseball coach (I know, different sport but coaching is coaching).

Lou is no longer the AD. Troy Plummer is and has been for a few years now.

The softball HC is Lou Yacinich, but I believe he is the son of who you are speaking of.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Lou is no longer the AD. Troy Plummer is and has been for a few years now.

The softball HC is Lou Yacinich, but I believe he is the son of who you are speaking of.

I haven't checked on GV in quite a shile. Lou was a great coach though. He must have coached 30 years or more and seemed to find a way into the NAIA World Series more than his fair share of times.

Cyfan1843

Jun 30, 2009
Ames
Congrats Austin, I hope we already offered his son prefered walk on status and hopfully a scholarship?:smile:

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Flynn is my favorite Cyclone I think. I remember being so mad when Brett was named starter (which ended up working out) and he never said a word. He was one of the best 3rd down receivers I have ever seen. It seemed every 3rd and 10 he was able to come up w/ the ball. After they carried Mac off the field in his final game I remember running to mid field and he was standing there w/ his wife and I think I professed my love to him haha.