Which One Is It?

• "And I Don't Care"

Votes: 56 25.5%
  • "To This Stupid ****ing Song"

Votes: 164 74.5%

• Total voters

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I know the words, but it should be played at a time when people are actually there, if we want people to sing it. Also, put the words up on the board and people will look to see what's there. If we have to put up the words of the fight song during the time out, I'd think we can put up the words to "Bells."

And, I challenge those of you left in Cyclone Alley to sing the National Anthem out loud. Lead the crowd. I'll join in.

They do put the lyrics up on the board when the band plays it during pregame. However, to do it with the team and students after the game would require it to be played much earlier that what the band currently does. They now play it as the last thing before they leave the stadium, but by then the team, the students, and most of the fans are long gone. It is a great song and it could become a nice tradition. As it is now, it is a tradition of the band playing for an empty stadium and the grounds crew.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
also you must be able to match the appropriate ninja turtle up to the phrases:

_____ is cool, but rude.

_____ is a party dude.

If you can't, you're causing us to spiral out of control into chaos.

You should really list all of them. Real champs know the whole song.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
It is classless. If you sang that around my kids, I would point that out to you and ask you to stop.

So just because you never heard option #1 it doesn't count? :no: Apparently others, include myself had. Personally, I have been going to games since the late 80's and have only heard of option #1. Additionally, "I don't care" fits better than the other option and just because it doesn't contain swear words doesn't make it stupid.

Yeah if you were sitting in the students section you'd hear a whole hell of a lot worse than that. However if I was outside the students section and surrounded by children, I just wouldn't sing along (however I'd be screaming to this stupid effing song!! in my head). The fact of the matter is that I don't care may have been the words at this point but they have been changed into something else. I can guarentee it's not going back.

It's amazing how often topics fall into generational disputes (such as the Conan topic). Older folks, before you judge us, just remember how the generations before you over-reacted to stuff. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" was scandalous and Elvis Presley was trying to impregnate every teenage girl in America by wiggling his hips on television.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
There are no lyrics other than the regular ones and the song is directly affiliated to the Landshark brand which is directly affiliated to the Miami Dolphins who directly employed Todd Doxzon for a year or two who is directly an alum of Iowa State University so when all of you put down that song you are put down the University.

Awesome!, Is any of this really true? Either way thanks for showing the way for people who need to get that atomic wedgie out.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He's the guy I love to hate.

I once went to a game with someone who hadn't been to one before. Hightower was working the game. During warmups I turned to my buddy and said that guy will **** you off before the night is over. Of course Ed had to make one of his "look at me make the game changing call" calls during the last few minutes. My buddy turned to me and said that I had sure called that one.

Easiest call you can ever make.

Edit: Sorry the quote didn't work. I was responding to the comment that Ed Hightower really can get you going.

Last edited: