Kirksey may have some off the field problems

eastman

Jun 25, 2009
Tampa
hopefully we dont see this if he comes to ISU

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckmz__mLmZk]YouTube - Ken Kirksey Beats Ass At Mainland[/ame]

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
I hope we don't see that here either. If you're p**** off enough at a guy that you want to pop him, then POP him. Considering that the other guy 1) didn't want to fight, 2) was in street clothes with what appeared to be dress shoes, and 3) more than held his own, I'm kind of disappointed in Kirk's effort. If you're going to do something, at least do it right.

I'll give him a pass since it was still HS. Hopefully he's learned from it.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
let's judge his character from a 15 sec. video clip :jimlad:

I would love to see a brawler on the interior Dline, ala Mitch King.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
i could care less about a guy that gets into a fight, maybe that dude was hittin on his girl, maybe he used to pick on him as a lil lad and now it was payback, maybe he didnt like the fact that he didnt accessorize his outfit properly and used a tacky fake snake skin belt with some ol penny loafers....who knows....

I can almost guarantee you that almost every male on our team and probably on this board has either been in a fight or nearly was in a fight. To me, i base my judgements on someones character when i know the facts surrounding the actions, otherwise your basing your judgements on a perception - the media does it all the time!!!!

On the other hand:
He's got quick hands, feet, and his low center of gravity would clearly serve him well against say 6-6 330 lb guards that want to knock his lights out....i like guys in the trenches that have a bit of nastiness to them.....One of my all time favorite cowboys was Erik Williams....need i say more????

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006

You watch that clip and see a "brawler." I watched the clip and saw a guy that took a cheap shot and still coudn't win a fight. Seriously, he landed a clean punch when the guy had his hands in his pocket. Other than that, Kirksey didn't do crap. He should be emabarrased at the title because he did not "beat *** at mainland."

Reactions: Cyclone29

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Hah hah- is this his highlight video? hmmm... ISU had a D-lineman a while back that was good at taking cheap shots and confiscating cell phones. He could get to the quarterback! :twitcy:

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I hope we don't see that here either. If you're p**** off enough at a guy that you want to pop him, then POP him. Considering that the other guy 1) didn't want to fight, 2) was in street clothes with what appeared to be dress shoes, and 3) more than held his own, I'm kind of disappointed in Kirk's effort. If you're going to do something, at least do it right.

I'll give him a pass since it was still HS. Hopefully he's learned from it.

Good post!

I sort of agree with you on this. Someone who is tough as nails, but not a punk or cheapshot artist, either. (For all you Iowa fans, I am not calling Mitch King a punk or a cheapshot artist).

You watch that clip and see a "brawler." I watched the clip and saw a guy that took a cheap shot and still coudn't win a fight. Seriously, he landed a clean punch when the guy had his hands in his pocket. Other than that, Kirksey didn't do crap. He should be emabarrased at the title because he did not "beat *** at mainland."

I don't think anyone has to worry about this kid. One of two things will happen if he starts acting like a punk in Coach Rhoads' lockerroom -- Rhoads will kick him off the team, or Rhoads will channel that energy into something more positive.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I see one of two things.
Either he's a thug that threw a cheap shot and not a
very good one at that or it's staged and he's an idiot
that has no clue as to what colleges recruiting
him are looking for.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
HAHA, it was a fight, without knowing the backstory, no one here can judge. Who knows what was going on there. No one here ever got into a fight in High School? Is this another case of this morally elite board showing how much better they are than the rest of the world?

If there were 20 videos of this guy just walking around randomly starting fights, yeah, I'd get worried. It wasn't that long ago that it was assumed fights happened. Hell, we used to look forward to them. We just didn't have access to video equipemnt and youtube to be able to make a big deal about it. It was a fight, fights happen. Sometimes it takes a little bit of that attitude to excel on the football field. You can't always just turn it on and off.

Reactions: thatguy

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I would have pulled the plug on Grant Mahoney's recruitment for his dance video on youtube before I would for Kirksey's video.

:jimlad:

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
That was worthless. What a cheap shot!!! He still didn't kick that guys ***! *****! I hate people like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
HAHA, it was a fight, without knowing the backstory, no one here can judge. Who knows what was going on there. No one here ever got into a fight in High School? Is this another case of this morally elite board showing how much better they are than the rest of the world?

If there were 20 videos of this guy just walking around randomly starting fights, yeah, I'd get worried. It wasn't that long ago that it was assumed fights happened. Hell, we used to look forward to them. We just didn't have access to video equipemnt and youtube to be able to make a big deal about it. It was a fight, fights happen. Sometimes it takes a little bit of that attitude to excel on the football field. You can't always just turn it on and off.

Don't need to know what it's about to draw a conclusion.
If it's real he's a Jack***.
If it's staged he's a fool.