Kirksey may have some off the field problems

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Don't need to know what it's about to draw a conclusion.
If it's real he's a Jack***.
If it's staged he's a fool.
Really? Let's say it is real and these two were going to fight. do you know for a fact the other kid didn't say that Kirksey could have the first punch? Maybe the kid wanted to fight and Kirksey said "no." Thenthe kid put his hands in his pocket and said "here take the first punch."

One thing is for sure. No one on theis board has any clue what led up to the fight or why it happened. To judge anythign from that video is to judge without knowledge and is foolish.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
Hopefully he can learn to follow through with his punches when he get's here. Maybe that's what is keeping him from being a five star.

It's totally coachable.

And, to those out there calling a cheapshot, I completely disagree. A cheapshot is the guy didn't see it coming. He knew he was going to get hit. Again, back to the follow through. Punch through his face.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Really? Let's say it is real and these two were going to fight. do you know for a fact the other kid didn't say that Kirksey could have the first punch? Maybe the kid wanted to fight and Kirksey said "no." Thenthe kid put his hands in his pocket and said "here take the first punch."

One thing is for sure. No one on theis board has any clue what led up to the fight or why it happened. To judge anythign from that video is to judge without knowledge and is foolish.

Fighting is immature. All it takes is half a brain to stay out of one. I don't like seeing this at all, but I would reserve judgment to how he behaves at ISU (assuming he comes here).

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
Fine with me. He has an attitude i will take him! Maybe thats what isu needs on the defensive line? a little attitude? Someone who doesnt back down. Please committ here kirksey.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

OK let's say it is real, the video started well before the fight.
My conclusion he wanted it taped. If you're gonna fight and
ask someone to video it you're a Jack***.

eastman

Jun 25, 2009
Tampa
but seriously listen to what your saying kirksey or not kirksey someone who throws a punch at a kid that is clearly not wanting to fight has to have some problems... im not saying i dont want him on this team cause i still do im just saying i dont want to see this at ISU or any school he goes to...

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Let's be thankful that he is not a wrestling recruit...his takedown skills are awful.

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008
HAHA, it was a fight, without knowing the backstory, no one here can judge. Who knows what was going on there.

Now if only people would use this logic when it comes to the Adrian Clayborn situation and knowing the backstory of why his trial was postponed.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Fighting is immature. All it takes is half a brain to stay out of one. I don't like seeing this at all, but I would reserve judgment to how he behaves at ISU (assuming he comes here).

Right, because none of us ever did anything immature in High School. Do I agree fighting is the way to go? No, I agree, they are sometimes easily avoidable. But for people to chime in on here, like this is such a deplorable act is ridiculous. I wish I could live the life a lot of you people on here do (not calling you out here isuno1fan just making a general remark). It must be nice going through life never having made a mistake, a bad decision or done something immature in high school. If this is one in a series of fights and bad decisions, yes, problem. Is it or is this one isolated incident?

Hell, I'd argue that attacking a high school kid on a message board is pretty immature, but meh, that's just me on my soap box.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I'm not going to get too upset about a high school recruit getting into a fight, especially when we don't know anything about it. If he's got some anger issues I'm sure our staff has checked it out, and maybe a guy like CPR is just what he needs to get his anger channelled in a productive direction, like on the football field.