Miller and Deace stuck in the office

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
for the second straight night!!! Wow, that would suck! You have to watch the videos! If you have listened for the past couple days, you will find the videos hilarious. Especially the top video. Deace called Jon dramatic for using the word "desolation", and now Steve is using it!! It's really funny. By far the best show on the radio!
Des Moines' Sports Station - 1460 KXNO

Last edited:

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
for the second straight night!!! Wow, that would suck! You have to watch the videos! If you have listened for the past couple days, you will find the videos hilarious. Especially the top video. Deace called Jon dramatic for using the word "desolation", and now Steve is using it!! It's really funny. Neither have showered or changed clothes for two nights! By far the best show on the radio!
Des Moines' Sports Station - 1460 KXNO

why is Deace in the 'midget spank' forum in his cubicle.

not cool.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I'm liking these videos.

Although, I'm starting to think 22 might be right. Could be a stunt. Either way, I'm entertained.

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
Wait, I guess it's not the second night (I don't think), because it was posted at 11:30 this morning. It was after today's show, the morning after they spent the night. Still hilarious!

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
The stayed again last night. They said that their neighborhoods hadn't been scooped out yet. They did say they are going home as soon as their shows end today.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
This was no stunt. On air staff were pretty much told that we have a duty to serve the community at times like this, and they are right...we do, and even though we have fun complaining, it can be important for a lot of people, especially at WHO that can cover the state. Some of the stories of how stranded people were helped by relaying messages through to WHO were amazing.

I just got home, scooped out the end of the drive, thanks to Bob, my neighbor for snowblowing my drive yesterday when I couldnt come home..now that's a good ISU fan! Took a shower and now time to play with the kids.

Glad its over, but it was quite an experience and due to the slap happiness, probably the best shows we have ever done.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
This was no stunt. On air staff were pretty much told that we have a duty to serve the community at times like this, and they are right...we do, and even though we have fun complaining, it can be important for a lot of people, especially at WHO that can cover the state. Some of the stories of how stranded people were helped by relaying messages through to WHO were amazing.

I just got home, scooped out the end of the drive, thanks to Bob, my neighbor for snowblowing my drive yesterday when I couldnt come home..now that's a good ISU fan! Took a shower and now time to play with the kids.

Glad its over, but it was quite an experience and due to the slap happiness, probably the best shows we have ever done.

Did we ever find out how Deace was going to make "them" pay?

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Did we ever find out how Deace was going to make "them" pay?

He has a radio show later today :)

I am guessing he made it home fine today...the interstates have quiet a bit of packed snow on them, which is Ice...I came down 50th to EP True in WDM, and it was total snow pack...pretty amazing to see. I hadn't seen anything beyond the windows of our office and a short drive down Ingersoll to the Subway since the storm hit.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
I listened to the show this morning and Deaces whining absolutely struck a nerve. I was thinking of my niece in Iraq and how she would love to be "stuck" in Des Moines right now instead of living in dangerous conditions. The only danger Deace was facing was possibly having the vending machine tip over on him while he was shaking it down for some HoHo's. There were plenty of other people who suffered far more during this storm and Mr Morality should have counted his blessings. Instead, he just made himself appear to be a selfish jerk.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I listened to the show this morning and Deaces whining absolutely struck a nerve. I was thinking of my niece in Iraq and how she would love to be "stuck" in Des Moines right now instead of living in dangerous conditions. The only danger Deace was facing was possibly having the vending machine tip over on him while he was shaking it down for some HoHo's. There were plenty of other people who suffered far more during this storm and Mr Morality should have counted his blessings. Instead, he just made himself appear to be a selfish jerk.

You shouldn't take everything so seriously. I thought his "whining" was funny and good entertainment.

khess83

Jan 7, 2009
Beaverdale-Des Moines, IA

Not to be a jerk, but it was your niece's choice to join the military. Just like it was my cousin's choice. A choice that I completely respect and admire. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people whine about how their loved ones, that joined the military by choice, are deployed or will be deployed shortly.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006

To be fair, it was either yesterday or early this morning that Deace was talking about how lucky we have it and I've heard him say this numerous times in the past as well.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
You shouldn't take everything so seriously. I thought his "whining" was funny and good entertainment.
No way man, nobody can ever complain about anything because someone, somewhere, is worse off.

Reactions: Iastfan112

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Not to be a jerk, but it was your niece's choice to join the military. Just like it was my cousin's choice. A choice that I completely respect and admire. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people whine about how their loved ones, that joined the military by choice, are deployed or will be deployed shortly.

In my officer years, I had to explain way too often what that "U.S. Army" patch on the uniform meant. :no:

Reactions: khess83

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
His "whining" was hilarious! He was trying to entertain the audience. I made sure to listen for that reason. Don't take everything so serious. He obviously knows it would be better to be stuck in a snowstorm than fighting a war in Iraq...

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
His "whining" was hilarious! He was trying to entertain the audience. I made sure to listen for that reason. Don't take everything so serious. He obviously knows it would be better to be stuck in a snowstorm than fighting a war in Iraq...

This. It was actually pretty funny and entertaining.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron