Neb QB recruit decommits

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
Second Gabbert to pull this stunt to Neb.:biglaugh:

ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO | Parkway West's Tyler Gabbert withdraws commitment to Nebraska, looking at Mizzou

Comments from the skers are pretty funny.

A couple that have been failed to be mentioned.
  • Why would anyone want to play for Pelini? Have you seen how he treats his players on the sidelines, not to mention his coaches. A "Woody Hayes" moment is brewing.
  • Their offense is horrible.
  • Doesn't want to get killed. As a QB I wouldn't have much confidence going to a school that has entrusted Barney Cotton with my protection.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
hadnt we offered this guy? i'm more than happy with barnett but i'm just wondering.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Nebraska also lost one of their 2 WR commits after the Big 12 championship game because he didn't like the run based offense.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Watch Rhoads on the sidelines and how he treats and reacts with his kids. Watch how Pelini treats and reacts to his kids. Enough said. I think Bo looks like he is trying to coach pros in college. No matter how the game evolves you can't forget they're still college kids.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Nebraska also lost one of their 2 WR commits after the Big 12 championship game because he didn't like the run based offense.

Offense, what offense? Did anybody see offense from Nebraska that game? If they had one that game would have ended differently.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I love the comment from the Husker fan wondering why he would ever do this, seeing as they devleoped Suh into a Heisman hopeful. That is funny stuff.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Didn't Suh at one point think about transfering to Oregon St.? If that would have happened could you imagine where Nebraska would be at right now?

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
They aren't losing much. Kid was terribly overrated. Living off his brothers name

MrReality

Sep 5, 2008
1st of all, the Nebraska players love Pelini. He may get animated on the sidelines, but the players would run thru a brick wall for him.

2nd, Gabbert is even quoted saying he was told by Shawn Watson that Nebraska was going in a different direction.

3rd, Suh said he was going to transfer to Oregon State if Bill Callahan and Kevin Cosgrove weren't fired after the 2007. He probably wasn't the only player on the team thinking that.

4th, losing Curtis Carter hurts (the WR who decommitted). Shawn Watson is on the hot seat big time because of the crappy offense this year, and rightfully so. Will be interesting to see if he sticks around.

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA
3rd, Suh said he was going to transfer to Oregon State if Bill Callahan and Kevin Cosgrove weren't fired after the 2007. He probably wasn't the only player on the team thinking that.

I lived in Omaha at the time and I can't remember EVER hearing this..... not calling it BS but would just like to see this article/quote

CJDelmonico

Aug 23, 2009
Second Gabbert to pull this stunt to Neb.:biglaugh:

ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO | Parkway West's Tyler Gabbert withdraws commitment to Nebraska, looking at Mizzou

Comments from the skers are pretty funny.

A couple that have been failed to be mentioned.
  • Why would anyone want to play for Pelini? Have you seen how he treats his players on the sidelines, not to mention his coaches. A "Woody Hayes" moment is brewing.
  • Their offense is horrible.
  • Doesn't want to get killed. As a QB I wouldn't have much confidence going to a school that has entrusted Barney Cotton with my protection.

Actually, Gabbert the lesser was informed by Bo that his services are no longer required as they are looking for a different kind of QB.

Oh, and while you were busy laughing it up because "nobody wants to play for Pelini", NU got TWO, count 'em TWO, 4* commits today from Fort Hays. The best Juco LB in the country and a mammoth offensive tackle previously committed to LSU. That's right, LSU.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Actually, Gabbert the lesser was informed by Bo that his services are no longer required as they are looking for a different kind of QB.

Oh, and while you were busy laughing it up because "nobody wants to play for Pelini", NU got TWO, count 'em TWO, 4* commits today from Fort Hays. The best Juco LB in the country and a mammoth offensive tackle previously committed to LSU. That's right, LSU.

51896751_790fbb8007.jpg

Reactions: motorCYcle

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona

You are so awesome. As awesome as nu's offense.

CJDelmonico

Aug 23, 2009

..and yet, you Clowns hang on every minute of husker recruiting. I couldn't tell you one name of someone committed to ISU, yet you follow Husker recruiting over here like John and Kate.

Let me know when ISU wins a Big XII North title, m'kay?

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
..and yet, you Clowns hang on every minute of husker recruiting. I couldn't tell you one name of someone committed to ISU, yet you follow Husker recruiting over here like John and Kate.

actually....I am hanging on to 9-7 victory for the next year! :wink:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Clowns, good one. Havent heard that before.

We care about the Huskers because we love when they fail. This is our board and we can do as we please. And dont get a big head that we follow your recruiting,we do it for tons of schools, you arent special. If you dont follow others, then good for you, but it helps to know your enemy.

And we will sure as **** let you know personally when we win a Big 12 North title. We will hand deliver it to your door or cram it in your ***. Whichever you prefer.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Please, you really think we "hang on every minute of Husker recruiting"? This is a kid that had an offer from us, and we recruited pretty hard. His recruitment opened back up, and it is noteworthy to Iowa State fans because maybe we have an extreme outside shot of landing him. I couldn't tell you the name of one Nebraska recruit either, but I do know that the recruits you have brought in the past few years have been integrated into one of the most sorry *** excuses for an offense I have ever seen.