Now that is passion!!

CaptainCamoBeer

Jan 24, 2007
After today's game vs NU, I could not ask for more in a Head Coach. His post-game interview with the FSN crew and then his actions with the fans before going into the tunnel just shows how much this guys loves the team, the school, the fans, and the state of Iowa!! Excellent win for the Clones and CPR!

GO STATE!!

Reactions: kilgore_trout

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I bet most of the seniors do:jimlad:

funny-pictures-cat-sees-what-you-did.jpg

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I wish I could have been in that locker room after the game. I bet that was one emotional place. Absolutely Awesome. I can't imagine how these kids feel and how they are going to feel when they get back to Ames and find the fans waiting for them.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Most emotional I've felt in watching a postgame

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
The coach wants to be here, he wears school colors, he can coach, and I am willing to bet he can recruit. I heart the guy.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I don't remember who said it on the call-in game after the show, but can you imagine some of our previous coaches tearing up like Rhodes did after the game? DMac is the only other recent coach I can think of who would do that - whether you liked him or not, that guy lived and breathed ISU. You get the same feeling from Rhodes.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I don't remember who said it on the call-in game after the show, but can you imagine some of our previous coaches tearing up like Rhodes did after the game? DMac is the only other recent coach I can think of who would do that - whether you liked him or not, that guy lived and breathed ISU. You get the same feeling from Rhodes.

Amen to that sister

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona

Angie? Not from you! Nooooooooo

I'm kidding...but seriously.

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Angie? Not from you! Nooooooooo

I'm kidding...but seriously.

I knew I did it as soon as I typed it - but then it was too late to edit it because it had been quoted. :sad: So now it sits there for eternity looking like I'm an idiot...! :wink:

iowajazz

Nov 25, 2006
Johnston, IA
Paul Rhoads has met and exceeded every expectation I would have had for a head coach. He has hired great coordinators, seems to prepare the team well, shows game management skills, he is passionate, and he appears to be a man of integrity. It's a great day to be Cyclone. I am full of optimism today and it's been a while since I could say that. Long live Coach Rhoads!

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I liked DMac--and still think that CPR is an upgrade.

No way he calls the fake punt, therefor we don't score the TD, therefor we likely lose. that was an absolute genious call. He had an idea we couldn't score a ton of points playing normally so he threw in the gadget. I loved the call. I would have liked it if it didn't work. In the words of the great and Honorable Herm Edwards-"You play to win the game."

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
No way he calls the fake punt, therefor we don't score the TD, therefor we likely lose. that was an absolute genious call. He had an idea we couldn't score a ton of points playing normally so he threw in the gadget. I loved the call. I would have liked it if it didn't work. In the words of the great and Honorable Herm Edwards-"You play to win the game."

DMac should always be loved, appreciated and respected. With that said, I concur with your post. I don't like it but it is the truth. I say, let's leave DMac alone.