Tiller and Schwartz

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
Those 2 guys did what most others wouldn't have. They kept their composure and didn't force things. Tiller threw the ball away when necessary and Schwartz ran hard and secured the FB. With the lead they allowed the D to win the game. I can't wait for Arnaud and "Thee" A-Rob to get back but until they do we are in safe hands.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I wonder why they did not have Tiller throw it more. Are the coaches not confident in his passing?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I agree, neither guy had a negative play. For those 2 young guys with very little experience to play that solid says alot about what the future could be like for the Clones. Really, really proud of JT, he played a heady game against a tough defense in a hostile environment in front of a huge crowd. Even with a limited playbook we were able to move the ball just enough. The 7min drive early in the 4th was absolutely huge.

Oh and it was nice to Lenz getting the ball in some creative ways, I can see him being a fan favorite in the coming years.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I couldn't agree more. Great job by Tiller and Schwartz to step up and stay composed. I think this shows that Tiller still needs a bit of time to mature but he definitely has the ability to be a good QB down the road.

Hopefully AA and Arob can rest up and be ready to go for a huge showdown next week.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
They did their job. As all the guys did. Tiller needs to work on the arm. His throws are slow and soft. Much of this is confidence, im guessing.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
And, believe it or not, Grant Mahoney. If he hadn't nailed that 52 yarder, we lose.

You forget the blocked extra point and the other field goal.

Missed extra points is something every team should not except

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
I just came in from outside working to see that we won! Without our 2 best players... maybe the luck is turning for ISU!!!

However, reading that we still missed an extra point (got to be kidding) and a field goal is concerning. It appears we are finally a well coached team but sometimes player execution (lack of talent) may still be hurting us at some positions.

Hopefully the recruits keep coming seeing what this coaching staff is doing (couple plays from being 7-1). Good days ahead!!!

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
They proved two things: the future is bright and that AA and A-Rob are the starters. They did something that has not been done in a long time...we have some depth.

Johnny8

Oct 18, 2006
Ames, IA
I think Tiller did a great job of playing fairly conservatively, but making the plays when he had to. It's fantastic that he did such a great job making decisions. I don't remember even one pass today being possible to be intercepted. Sure, he didn't pass a lot, but he put it where only our guys could get it when he did. As far as the field goals, I think it is mostly pinned on the line.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Herman did a good job of not making both do too much and really pulling the playbook back for them as well. Playing in that enviroment can be hard on a young player and could hurt their confidence, but a good job all around not to allow that to happen. They made the plays when they needed to and did what it took to win. Things are looking up for ISU.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
This guys played their hearts out and its an honor to call them Cyclones

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
as far as the FG and EP go. I don't think there was much Mahoney could do on either. Yeah, he could kick his PATs a little higher but I don't think it would have mattered on either. There was way to much penetration.