Cael is gone. Channel 13 confirms.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
There’s a shocker.................you insulting someone's character from behind the anonymity of a keyboard. All ISU's coaches are more classy and respectful than Iowa's until one does something you don't like and suddenly he is a cancer.

Do you have any friends?!?!

Chad

Yes, I generally consider somebody classy until they do something that proves otherwise. How do you make such judgements? What Cael just did totally changed my opinion of him. And I've never, ever said all ISU's coaches are more classy than Iowa's. How old are you?

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
Yes, I generally consider somebody classy until they do something that proves otherwise. How do you make such judgements? What Cael just did totally changed my opinion of him. And I've never, ever said all ISU's coaches are more classy than Iowa's. How old are you?

I'm 38, I have 4 young children and as a general rule I take the old axiom "don't criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes"…. pretty seriously.

Iowa and ISU fans (anyone really) alike who continually attack a person's character without having any clue what is or isn't going on goes 100% against everything my Lord and Savior has impressed upon me in these 10 years since I have turned towards him

From my "Internet" impression of you it seems you are typically not a pleasant fellow and very unwilling to consider that which you do not know. Prone to quick, rash judgments and very unbending once the judgments have been made.

I don't take lightly making my own judgment of you. All the same you are bitter and very nasty about anything that you think is wrong. Being a student of Human nature I can say with the utmost certainty that you too have greatly offended and mistreated someone in your life and you show absolutely no humility towards others whom you think have done the same.

Does that pretty much clear up where I am coming from. Good day sir,

Chad

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I havent sifted through this long thread... but if Cael is making more money at PSU... then congrats to him on landing such a nice contract. Certainly a good thing for him.

If we can't pay them... we shouldnt expect them to stay. (now if he is making the exact same or less I would be highly disappointed).

Cael was the best wrestler ever (unless you want to find someone with a better record) and he wore an ISU uniform. He and his family have been a blessing to ISU wrestling. He always was a class act.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I'm 38, I have 4 young children and as a general rule I take the old axiom "don't criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes"…. pretty seriously.

Iowa and ISU fans (anyone really) alike who continually attack a person's character without having any clue what is or isn't going on goes 100% against everything my Lord and Savior has impressed upon me in these 10 years since I have turned towards him

From my "Internet" impression of you it seems you are typically not a pleasant fellow and very unwilling to consider that which you do not know. Prone to quick, rash judgments and very unbending once the judgments have been made.

I don't take lightly making my own judgment of you. All the same you are bitter and very nasty about anything that you think is wrong. Being a student of Human nature I can say with the utmost certainty that you too have greatly offended and mistreated someone in your life and you show absolutely no humility towards others whom you think have done the same.

Does that pretty much clear up where I am coming from. Good day sir,

Chad

So, let me get this straight. You don't judge somebody until you walk a mile in their shoes (because that's what you lord and savior would teach) but you make such a bold judgement about me without having done anything but read one of my posts on an internet message board?

Are you typing from some sort of mental institute or assisted living facility?

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
So, let me get this straight. You don't judge somebody until you walk a mile in their shoes (because that's what you lord and savior would teach) but you make such a bold judgement about me without having done anything but read one of my posts on an internet message board?

Go back and reread where I said I don't take lightly my "judgment" of you. So it seems you are not only boorish but..........well..........

It is what it is I guess...............

Chad

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I'm not thinking he'd mention other people at the university if it was straight BS. Why make something up when it'd be easy for Fennelly, McDermott, or Geoffrey to say, "No you didn't."
I'm more worried about the "We didn't have time to make a counter offer" thing than if they talked with Cael. I'm calling BS on that. If all those guys had time to talk with Cael, they had time to put an offer on the table.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Go back and reread where I said I don't take lightly my "judgment" of you. So it seems you are not only boorish but..........well..........

It is what it is I guess...............

Chad

No, you don't get off that easy. You attacked me personally for attacking somebody without knowing what they are about. Yet you do the exact same thing you accuse me of. You are seriously crazy.

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il

Oh wait I see you have some how conveniently forgot I'm "one of those Iowa fans" who "forgives" they’re coach for doing whatever heinous crimes you have conjured up. I have witnessed 20 such post from you many attacking me and other Iowa fans. You even put me on “ignoreâ€￾ for a while, so you said, and pretty haughtily called me an idiot basically. It seems maybe it is you who is bipolar.

Chad

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
No, you don't get off that easy. You attacked me personally for attacking somebody without knowing what they are about. Yet you do the exact same thing you accuse me of. You are seriously crazy.

This is what "Chad" does...attacks and then cries foul when he gets it back.

Move on...

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Oh wait I see you have some how conveniently forgot I'm "one of those Iowa fans" who "forgives" they’re coach for doing whatever heinous crimes you have conjured up. I have witnessed 20 such post from you many attacking me and other Iowa fans. You even put me on “ignoreâ€￾ for a while, so you said, and pretty haughtily called me an idiot basically. It seems maybe it is you who is bipolar.

Chad

I'm bi-polar? You can't even stay on subject.

Just to address your lates random departure from the subject at hand, I don't lump all Iowa fans together. Quite a few of the Hawks that visit this site (notice I said visitors to this site, not all Hawks) tend to fall into one category, though there are a few exceptions.

If I called you an idiot I think you doing a fine job of reinforcing my original call.....

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
This is what "Chad" does...attacks and then cries foul when he gets it back.

Move on...

You are so not serious.............name one time friend. Sunset is the absolutely nastiest, Iowa is morally bankrupt guy on here. You can not come up with even ONE time where I cried foul with you when it wasn't already there.

I'll wait……………

Chad

CaptainCamoBeer

Jan 24, 2007
I am definately disappointed that Cael decided to go to Penn State, but he had his reasons. I thought we would see him around for a couple of more seasons before he decided to take off, but this was his first coaching job and you cannot fault him for leaving to further his career. With that said Pollard really needs to get a grip on this athletic department as we are now just revolving door for coaches.

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
I'm bi-polar? You can't even stay on subject.

Just to address your lates random departure from the subject at hand, I don't lump all Iowa fans together. Quite a few of the Hawks that visit this site (notice I said visitors to this site, not all Hawks) tend to fall into one category, though there are a few exceptions.

If I called you an idiot I think you doing a fine job of reinforcing my original call.....

Yowzaa, are you a fun guy...............Keep in mind I'll be reminding you the next time you get in a thread about Iowa’s morality failures about how you said Cael was a poor character.

Here is how it will start……………………I hated even to get in this thread because I just knew how ALL the Iowa idiots would be making excuses and justifying their “coach” players etc….

Sadly I knew it was only matter of time before some ISU coach/player would let your ”character” standards down. Near as I can tell Mr’ Sanderson is a standup human being who owes you nothing

You can move on, as ISUfan22 wont be back with anything of substance either……

Chad

Last edited:

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I am definately disappointed that Cael decided to go to Penn State, but he had his reasons. I thought we would see him around for a couple of more seasons before he decided to take off, but this was his first coaching job and you cannot fault him for leaving to further his career. With that said Pollard really needs to get a grip on this athletic department as we are now just revolving door for coaches.
You thought Cael was going to "take off" so he could "further his career"? How can you get much higher than one of the elite schools for wrestling?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Good call, thanks.

You are so not serious.............name one time friend. Sunset is the absolutely nastiest, Iowa is morally bankrupt guy on here. You can not come up with even ONE time where I cried foul with you when it wasn't already there.

I'll wait……………

Chad

Yowzaa, are you a fun guy...............Keep in mind I'll be reminding you the next time you get in a thread about Iowa’s morality failures about how you said Cael was a poor character.

Here is how it will start……………………I hated even to get in this thread because I just knew how ALL the Iowa idiots would be making excuses and justifying their “coach†players etc…. knew it was only matter of time before some ISU coach/player would let your â€character†standards down. Near as I can tell Mr’ Sanderson is a standup human being who owes you nothing

Chad

Breathe....relax.....it's the weekend!! At least its nice out.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
We need to stick it to Penn St.....We should fire Rhoads and go take their football coach :jimlad:
That will teach them....

Last edited:

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA

Here is how it will start……………………I hated even to get in this thread because I just knew how ALL the Iowa idiots would be making excuses and justifying their “coach†players etc…. knew it was only matter of time before some ISU coach/player would let your â€character†standards down. Near as I can tell Mr’ Sanderson is a standup human being who owes you nothing

Chad

The University of Iowa football coach has absolutely nothing to do with the ISU wrestling situation. Why are you even trying to tie them together? More importantly, why would Cael's moral make-up effect any discussion on the morality of the Iowa football coach or Iowa's fans? Do you understand the concept of logic?

If you don't think Cael owes ISU anything after all the university did for him, then you and I have differing opinions on the subject.

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
Breathe....relax.....it's the weekend!! At least its nice out.

Touché, Mr. Jones I truly was off base there. Sunset irritates me, but there is no point in messing with anyone on a message board. Sometimes I get a little carried away. I saw him attacking what seems to be a fine human beings character and it sent me off. Thanks

Chad

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron