Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I was saying that Burton basically picks and chooses when he wants to actually play defense and that he's too selfish on offense. I think that is still a pretty fair assessment.
I think he gets reserved if the ball isn't going in the basket. The games where he is scoring the best, he is constantly active on D, getting his hands in passing lanes and disrupting shots. Successful defense is what fuels his offensive mentality, or at least that is what I have thought this year.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I do? So saying we are underacheiving and too cocky is putting the team down? Stating a hypothetical that we would possibly lose to a team like Nebraska for example is a put down? I mean, we've already established we can lose to crap teams, I dont know why you are so shocked about my comments that we could potentially lose to more crap teams.

I think you need to take a hard look at this team and then ask yourself if we are really underachieving. Do we have a couple head scratching losses? Yep, we do that every year. Do we have all of the pieces to be really consistent? Nope, the lack of post play has forced us to play small and rely on outside shooting. Sure, we could find lightning in a bottle and go on a nice run but we don't have the horses to be the team that a lot of Cyclones fans think we can be. Sorry, buts that's the reality of this years squad.

Aug 26, 2014
It's all about matchups....you guys don't match up all that well with the Hawks.....50/50 on a neutral court.
50/50 wow you are crazy. we win 99 out of 100 times on a neutral court.

200.gif

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think he gets reserved if the ball isn't going in the basket. The games where he is scoring the best, he is constantly active on D, getting his hands in passing lanes and disrupting shots. Successful defense is what fuels his offensive mentality, or at least that is what I have thought this year.

I agree when Burton's shots aren't falling it spills it affects how he plays defense. That's been my take all season.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Do you think we'd beat Iowa on a neutral court right now? Because you seem to think they are playing better than they really are

I honestly cant answer that, I think it would be a toss up 50/50. It depends on what team shows up, the one that runs an offense, moves the ball well, sets screens, or the one that stands around the perimeter while someone takes a contested early shot with nobody around to rebound.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I honestly cant answer that, I think it would be a toss up 50/50. It depends on what team shows up, the one that runs an offense, moves the ball well, sets screens, or the one that stands around the perimeter while someone takes a contested early shot with nobody around to rebound.

We'd be an 8 point favorite but it's 50/50? Lol

Reactions: Tailg8er

Aug 26, 2014
Wow you are overestimating Iowa. They are so bad. They played the games of their lives against us, and we just didn't show up. I would play them anywhere, anytime, and guarantee victory. Their team is a joke, and we have too much talent to lose to a team like that twice.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Wow you are overestimating Iowa. They are so bad. They played the games of their lives against us, and we just didn't show up. I would play them anywhere, anytime, and guarantee victory. Their team is a joke, and we have too much talent to lose to a team like that twice.

Funny stuff, even the last few years when it was no doubt who was the better team we still had trouble and needed a couple miracles to even beat them in Hilton. I dont care how bad you think they suck, all bets are off when we play each other. You honestly think Iowa wouldnt be up for us again? It would be a dogfight just like every other year against them regardless of how bad one of the teams is.

Aug 26, 2014
Funny stuff, even the last few years when it was no doubt who was the better team we still had trouble and needed a couple miracles to even beat them in Hilton. I dont care how bad you think they suck, all bets are off when we play each other. You honestly think Iowa wouldnt be up for us again? It would be a dogfight just like every other year against them regardless of how bad one of the teams is.
I agree they get up for their superbowl every year so it's a little more difficult. We have always just thought we could just show up and win, and over the last several years, that's what we've done. Now that we actually lost to that piece of garbage team, we would be focus and actually try the next time.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Does anyone actually visit those sites? It seems like most hok fans post here. I notice some of the usual suspects are MIA this morning after their embarrassing loss to a bottom feeding Big 10 team. Woof.
You mean the team with the higher RPI and projected seeding than ISU? That team?

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Everyone that disagrees with CyTwins is a Hawkfan. Fact is we are an average BBALL team. Super erratic and impossible to predict from game to game. We can beat anyone and lose to anyone at the same time. This team is more than capable of losing again to Iowa or losing to a Rutgers/Nebbie.
If top 30 is average we can be average for life.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84 and CyTwins

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
This is fun reading cyclone fans disagree with eachother inside a Hawkeyes thread on a cyclone board. Keep it up guys.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
One minute you responded! One minute! I see why people were making fun of you on the hawkeye site. You know people know who you are in real life right? Real life, you know, not sitting on a message board. You know people make fun of you, right?
WTH is this? Some kind of threat that you're going to make fun of Twins in real life? First, your insults are horribly lame. Second, I think it's pretty obvious that his skin isn't that thin.

As a Cyclone fan, I'm glad that he's standing on that wall, protecting us from the trolls saying, "Nobody's going to hurt you tonight, not on my watch."

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Go Gophers! Seriously though, Iowa fans have a right to be pissed. That entire sequence could be the feature part of a "how to suck at reffing" video. That was bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron