Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
They are in the exact situation this year that we will be in next year, losing a bunch of 4 year players and breaking in a bunch of freshman. So if we start off 14-10 next year thats considered a **** sandwich?

If we would lose to Omaha at home next year, yes that would be a **** sandwich.

Iowa's young but the ceiling for a lot of the young guys is low. Iowa had some success against crap teams without Jok playing but they will be lost without him next year. He requires so much attention and that really free's up the offense. Who is going to create for Iowa next year? I don't see a guy that will be able to do it with any kind of consistency. Look at how lost we are without Niang and that's with much better talent on the court than what the Hawks will be rolling out next year.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I love how people say Iowa is young and "talented" because they beat bottom dwellers like Rutgers, Nebraska, and Ohio State. I still can't comprehend how we lost to them, but we just weren't ready to play that night. Iowa is absolute trash. They are never going to be good under Fran. They will always be looked at as "having potential". Getting out of the first round of the NCAA tournament should be the high water mark they hold a parade for. They will never get any higher than that as long as lunatic Fran is the coach.

Neither can the players, thats why we keep losing to teams like them, because we cant comprehend how a team that sucks and we are so much better than could possibly beat us.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
If we would lose to Omaha at home next year, yes that would be a **** sandwich.

Iowa's young but the ceiling for a lot of the young guys is low. Iowa had some success against crap teams without Jok playing but they will be lost without him next year. He requires so much attention and that really free's up the offense. Who is going to create for Iowa next year? I don't see a guy that will be able to do it with any kind of consistency. Look at how lost we are without Niang and that's with much better talent on the court than what the Hawks will be rolling out next year.

Dude remember when you posted a whole thread about how bad Naz sucks and that he needs to be benched? Then he promptly drops 6 3's and helps us to our biggest win in probably a decade?

So yeah, I cant really take your posts seriously. Funny thing is I agree with your Iowa assessment for next year, their ceiling isnt very high.

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
My whole point is, yeah, I think we are better than Iowa, but sometimes we sure as hell arent playing like it. We have 6 seniors, sometimes we look like we could beat anybody, sometimes we look downright awful.

I just dont think its fair to bash Iowa without taking a critical look at ourselves, yeah their conference sucks, espeically at the bottom, but they have been playing well and are fun to watch most of the time. I cant always say the same for our team.

I actually think they are overacheiving, I thought they would win maybe 10-12 games and 3-4 in the Big Ten when I saw them play early in the season.

Why don't you just go to HR or HN? You'd be loved there. Here you just come
off like a little *****. If you don't like ISU very much and you like Iowa all of the time...you're a hok fan. GFY and have a great day.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
off like a little *****. If you don't like ISU very much and you like Iowa all of the time...you're a hok fan. GFY and have a great day.

Lol, I forgot I put you on ignore, thats the reason why.

Aug 26, 2014
Does anyone actually visit those sites? It seems like most hok fans post here. I notice some of the usual suspects are MIA this morning after their embarrassing loss to a bottom feeding Big 10 team. Woof.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Also, Hawkeyenation is a complete joke. More Iowa State fans actually talk about them on this board than actually Iowa fans talk about them over there. Plus, I cant stand Jon Miller, the guy is a grade A douchebag, going back to his lame radio show where he used to call us "Ames College".

So no, Im not going to that lame Hawkeyenation site that has like 100 members, Im perfectly content interacting with people here.

• Winner
Reactions: YeahBuddy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Dude remember when you posted a whole thread about how bad Naz sucks and that he needs to be benched? Then he promptly drops 6 3's and helps us to our biggest win in probably a decade?

So yeah, I cant really take your posts seriously. Funny thing is I agree with your Iowa assessment for next year, their ceiling isnt very high.

If you're going to come at me then I expect you to quote me accurately. I said that he is a role player that is playing outside of his comfort level. I never said that he needed to be benched! I said that he needs to be playing fewer minutes and Jackson should be playing more. Yeah, he shot the ball well against KU but lets just look at a 1 game sample size.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
If you're going to come at me then I expect you to quote me accurately. I said that he is a role player that is playing outside of his comfort level. I never said that he needed to be benched! I said that he needs to be playing fewer minutes and Jackson should be playing more. Yeah, he shot the ball well against KU but lets just look at a 1 game sample size.

I think you were bashing Burton pretty hard also, so all thats acceptable but its not acceptable when a few posters(who are cyclone fans) decide to talk about Iowa in a neutral or positive manner?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think you were bashing Burton pretty hard also, so all thats acceptable but its not acceptable when a few posters(who are cyclone fans) decide to talk about Iowa in a neutral or positive manner?

You put down our team who is good and pump up Iowa who is pathetic. I'm sure you can at least see why some people find that odd

Aug 26, 2014
You put down our team who is good and pump up Iowa who is pathetic. I'm sure you can at least see why some people find that odd
Especially when we have potential to do real damage this year, and Iowa will be sitting at the kids' table in March if they are lucky. There is little to no reason to praise Iowa. I get we had big expectations so I understand the frustration. However, there is still time and opportunity for our team to reach that potential. Iowa's season is basically over.

Reactions: CyTwins

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

I do? So saying we are underacheiving and too cocky is putting the team down? Stating a hypothetical that we would possibly lose to a team like Nebraska for example is a put down? I mean, we've already established we can lose to crap teams, I dont know why you are so shocked about my comments that we could potentially lose to more crap teams.

• Agree
Reactions: isuno1fan

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Well this is pure tavernhok right here. The 80's were an amazing decade right bro? 20 wins and you're IN! That's what we would always say right bro? Right?
WTF are you talking about? I posted you were in with 18 wins....17 you'd be on the bubble....you disagree with that?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I do? So saying we are underacheiving and too cocky is putting the team down? Stating a hypothetical that we would possibly lose to a team like Nebraska for example is a put down? I mean, we've already established we can lose to crap teams, I dont know why you are so shocked about my comments that we could potentially lose to more crap teams.

I said Iowa had Nebraska at home and Rutgers on the road so it's not like they are playing well it's just a product of their schedule and you said we could lose those games. That is moronic to say that we could lose to Nebraska at home

• Disagree
Reactions: isuno1fan

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Do you think we'd beat Iowa on a neutral court right now? Because you seem to think they are playing better than they really are

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

I was saying that Burton basically picks and chooses when he wants to actually play defense and that he's too selfish on offense. I think that is still a pretty fair assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.