Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
We would be big time favorites on a neutral court. We're playing an absolutely brutal conference schedule and just won AT KANSAS. Sorry I'm not going to give credit because Iowa can beat Nebraska and Rutgers and say they are playing well. You'd think we would be playing well if we got to play their schedule too

The way we play we would probably lose to a team like Nebraska or Rutgers. We would get down by like 15 because the guys think they are better than every team and they dont deserve to be on the same court as us. Then we would go on a run to get back into the game, only to lose at the end.

Either that or we would get a big lead on Rutgers then let them back into the game.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Sagarin has us as an 8 pt favorite on a neutral court. I'll find out what the Vegas line will be here shortly. What do you want to bet it's more than 3 points?

On a neutral court? I'd love to be wrong, and that may be what the line is. I still stand by my argument I'm not sure we'd win.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Lol, you think we smoke Iowa on a neutral court right now? What evidence of that do you have right now the way weve been playing pretty much all season? Im sure we'll probably drain 18 3's on them and everything will be fine with the world again until we play some scrub 150 RPI team and lose the very next game.

Ken Pom
ISU 26
Iowa 74

BPI
ISU 26
Iowa 89

RPI
ISU 49
Iowa 100

Sargarin
ISU 21
Iowa 70

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The way we play we would probably lose to a team like Nebraska or Rutgers. We would get down by like 15 because the guys think they are better than every team and they dont deserve to be on the same court as us. Then we would go on a run to get back into the game, only to lose at the end.

Either that or we would get a big lead on Rutgers then let them back into the game.

We would not lose to Nebraska at home or at Rutgers. You're a moron

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This also isn't some super pessimistic Iowa State kind of thing. I just have been pretty impressed by Iowa the last few times I've watched them. They're pretty darn gritty and Jok is rounding back into form. I just think what we may have in ability and experience, they have in versatility and toughness.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
On a neutral court? I'd love to be wrong, and that may be what the line is. I still stand by my argument I'm not sure we'd win.

Yes on a neutral court. You said you'd want to bet it wouldn't be more than 2-3 points so I'm asking again, what do you want to bet?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This also isn't some super pessimistic Iowa State kind of thing. I just have been pretty impressed by Iowa the last few times I've watched them. They're pretty darn gritty and Jok is rounding back into form. I just think what we may have in ability and experience, they have in versatility and toughness.

You mean when they got to play Ohio State and Nebraska at home and at Rutgers? Think how impressive we'd look against those squads

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

You think we'd lose to a much worse team, by any ranking system, on a neutral court. Like I said, our fan base doesn't handle the ups and downs in basketball very well.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
We would not lose to Nebraska at home or at Rutgers. You're a moron

Not in Hilton we wouldnt, but thats not what I said. I wouldnt put it past us to lose to a team like Nebraska on the road, where we are clearly better but think we can just go through the motions and win.

Aug 26, 2014
Lol, you think we smoke Iowa on a neutral court right now? What evidence of that do you have right now the way weve been playing pretty much all season? Im sure we'll probably drain 18 3's on them and everything will be fine with the world again until we play some scrub 150 RPI team and lose the very next game.
We would not sleep walk through that game like the first time. Sometimes we play poorly when we are overconfident. But the talent level is night and day different. We would come in ready to play and win by at least 15.

• Disagree
Reactions: isuno1fan

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not in Hilton we wouldnt, but thats not what I said. I wouldnt put it past us to lose to a team like Nebraska on the road, where we are clearly better but think we can just go through the motions and win.

Iowa lost at Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron